23 replies to this topic

#16 jasonD2

jasonD2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

sounds good- i tend to like women who are a little edgy anyway..although i have dated the crazies and the drama queens too. This current girl almost seems a bit too mainstream & bland, but i really need to get to know her before i get a confirmation on that. my initial reaction when i met her was that she reminds me of an ex and lacked a certain type of spice, but time will tell
]
thx
Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 StacyA

StacyA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

...when u start seeing girls as friends first then a whole new world opens up to u and u end up having more freedom, become a lot more comfortable and able to be really who u r and were created to be and then people see the real u and that is more important to be able to have the freedom to live ur life...

Peace41

Hey, Peace41, sorry your 'y' and 'o' are broken. I think I have an old keyboard lying around - do you want it? ;)

#18 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

Hey... no one can have TOO MANY friends. And friendships that turn into dating/love are the BEST.
luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

#19 sandsurfgirl

sandsurfgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

sounds good- i tend to like women who are a little edgy anyway..although i have dated the crazies and the drama queens too. This current girl almost seems a bit too mainstream & bland, but i really need to get to know her before i get a confirmation on that. my initial reaction when i met her was that she reminds me of an ex and lacked a certain type of spice, but time will tell
]
thx

So in the span of one meeting with a group and one email, you've liked her, freaked out about whether or not to date her because how can she possibly like you the way you are, and will probably end the "relationship" because she's boring anyway. Well good thing you worked it out. :lol:
Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.
Ready to get well and get on with my life!

#20 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

So in the span of one meeting with a group and one email, you've liked her, freaked out about whether or not to date her because how can she possibly like you the way you are, and will probably end the "relationship" because she's boring anyway. Well good thing you worked it out. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't we all do this to some extent?
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#21 sandsurfgirl

sandsurfgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't we all do this to some extent?

yes we do. I've done it which is why I think it's funny!
Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.
Ready to get well and get on with my life!

#22 jasonD2

jasonD2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

Ugh- I got shot down....I asked her out and she never responded. I then heard from our mutual friend and she said she wasnt interested....so she probly did pick up on all my issues. people arent dumb, the can sense when someone is in a funk.
Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

#23 SGWhiskers

SGWhiskers

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

Ugh- I got shot down....I asked her out and she never responded. I then heard from our mutual friend and she said she wasnt interested....so she probly did pick up on all my issues. people arent dumb, the can sense when someone is in a funk.

Good for you for taking the chance. It sucks she said no, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Taking the risk is a win in my book. Also, rest assured, I'm staying away from dating advice for a while.

#24 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hey Jason, at least YOU TRIED! :) Good for you. Hang in there.

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: