Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cat Food?

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

In one of the threads I read the other day (I'm clueless as to which--sorry!) someone mentioned feeding cats/ "pets" gluten-free food. I feed my kids-- feline, that is-- BG food, both wet & dry. I'm very picky about their food; can anyone tell me how important it is to use gluten-free cat food?

I just emailed the company to check gluten status. Any cat food recommendations would be great...

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

Merrick BG products are all grain- and gluten-free.

Merrick BG products are all grain- and gluten-free.

THANK YOU SO MUCH psawyer!!! I'm beyond relieved that I don't have to mess with my "kids'" food!

Gratefully,

C*)

My cats eat Orijen cat food it's gluten free and high protein. I switched to gluten-free cat food because my cats tend to jump up on the counters and like to rub their faces against my hand. I think it just increased my chance of getting glutened. I don't want to have to remember to wash my hands everytime I pet my cats. Afterall, it's not like my cats can learn to keep their gluten to themselves.

Hi All,

In one of the threads I read the other day (I'm clueless as to which--sorry!) someone mentioned feeding cats/ "pets" gluten-free food. I feed my kids-- feline, that is-- BG food, both wet & dry. I'm very picky about their food; can anyone tell me how important it is to use gluten-free cat food?

I just emailed the company to check gluten status. Any cat food recommendations would be great...

Thanks!

My cats eat Orijen cat food it's gluten free and high protein. I switched to gluten-free cat food because my cats tend to jump up on the counters and like to rub their faces against my hand. I think it just increased my chance of getting glutened. I don't want to have to remember to wash my hands everytime I pet my cats. Afterall, it's not like my cats can learn to keep their gluten to themselves.

LOL...great observations! My kids actually give kisses, and are all over me & most everything else all the time (of course, I wouldn't have it any other way)! Wash my hands after every touch? I'd have no flesh left!~wub.gif

Thanks for your reply, and your delightful cat humor!

I switched to grain free because my kids don't need grain any more than I do.

Does anyone know if any of the cheaper grocery store brands (the come in the large bags) is gluten free or does not contain any obvious gluten ingredients? I see brewers yeast in all of them I have checked and some also have barely or oats.