7 replies to this topic

#1 pugluver31902

pugluver31902

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

On the border has revised their gluten free menu, and the con queso appetizer is not on there anymore! So bummed. I used to just bring my own chips and eat it. Bummed bummed bummed. I emailed them. Wonder what they will say.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pugluver31902

pugluver31902

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

On the border has revised their gluten free menu, and the con queso appetizer is not on there anymore! So bummed. I used to just bring my own chips and eat it. Bummed bummed bummed. I emailed them. Wonder what they will say.

Not sure if anyone is reading this thread or not, but I did hear back from on the border. It was rather a nasty email. Well not nasty, but had sort of a rude undertone. The woman said "Well the queso contains modified food starch which is why it has NEVER been on our gluten free menu"

Um, I have a printed copy of the menu not only from the website, but from the corporate office listing the queso as gluten free! Now its not on there and she is telling me it never was. Hum....

#3 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,149 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

We have had bad experiences with regular OTB food (not gluten-free.) The one near us is poorly managed & the staff is not at all "with it." We have had receipts with cuss word "jokes" directed at the other staff member, silly childish behavior & completely wrong orders. I certainly would never trust them with special food needs if they can't handle the regular menu.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Heidi S.

Heidi S.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

I agree! I had my Triumph Dining Restaurant guide with me and a printed out copy of last month and I ALWAYS ate the con queso. It was listed as gluten free on both. I always asked for corn tortillas steamed and dipped them. Just this week my husband and I went there and I randomly asked them to bring me their updated list just to check and noticed the con queso was taken off! I was totally bummed, I am glad someone feels my pain. I figured they had changed suppliers... Thank you for emailing them and I am sorry their response was negative. I will think twice about going especially with out the con queso.

#5 ashleyt

ashleyt

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

Are their chips still gluten free?

#6 ashleyt

ashleyt

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

Sorry, I meant are the On the Border chips sold in stores still gluten free?

#7 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,149 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

Sorry, I meant are the On the Border chips sold in stores still gluten free?

Read the ingredients. It's not like in the resturaunt when they would be fried in the same oil as flour tortillas or kids chicken nuggets.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8 Bobbie Jo

Bobbie Jo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

I wondered why my 9 year old daughter kept getting sick after eating at On the Border. Thanks!

Bobbie Jo
44 yrs old, Wife, Mom

gluten-free since July 2010
Kids gluten-free since Sept. 2010 and doing remarkably great
More info in my profile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: