72 replies to this topic

#1 kellyisfresh

kellyisfresh

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hi, I'm Kelly. I've been a celiac for about eight years now. I've never had a friend with it, so I was hoping to meet some teens on here that also have Celiac's. (:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 runningcrazy

runningcrazy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

Hi, I'm Kelly. I've been a celiac for about eight years now. I've never had a friend with it, so I was hoping to meet some teens on here that also have Celiac's. (:

Hi! Im 14 and I've had it like 8 months now.. it sucks! But its great to know there are others out there...!! Whats up??:)
'You can't start building a better tomorrow if you wait until tomorrow to start building'

#3 RideAllWays

RideAllWays

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

I'm 19, been diagnosed for a year now :) Anybody in BC, Canada? I'd really like to meet some Celiacs, I feel so alone..

#4 Gfresh404

Gfresh404

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:26 AM

19 - from MA.

I have to say I know how all you guys feel. But I think eventually, I just realized - that we are ALL actually alone. I know that sounds kind of depressing, but it's true. And it certainly does not have to be depressing. After I accepted that, I was actually happier than before I had come to that realization.

By becoming more independent and improving myself - I became more attractive than I've ever been. That in turn boosted my self-confidence, which in turn boosted my happiness.

I know a lot of issues seem to be tied to gluten at first, but eventually you'll realize - a lot of them are just life's problems. And I know it's especially hard for teenagers since most of us are kind of confused anyway (I know I was!) but things do get better. I can promise you that. I have only been gluten-free for 1 year and 3 months and the changes over the past 6 months have been absurd.

#5 gintare519

gintare519

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

Hey! Well I'm Gintare. Normally referred as Gina. I actually have had it since about 5th grade. I remember I went to the ER multiple multiple times due to severe abdominal pain. Not one doctor knew what it was. So I recently started to do some research on my own. And I have come across "celiac disease". It sounded JUST like what I have been phasing with. So actually, just about 2 weeks ago, I went to get tested for the disease. It turns out I have it. Not to mention, I am also lactose intolerant and vegan. What a small range of food now! haha. How depressing. I literally look 8 months pregnant at night after I have foods with gluten in it. Its horrible!! XD

#6 kbug

kbug

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

Gintare me too! My pants won't button at allll... and good luck trying to wear a fitting shirt, right? :lol:

#7 smilie

smilie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

Hey! Well I'm Gintare. Normally referred as Gina. I actually have had it since about 5th grade. I remember I went to the ER multiple multiple times due to severe abdominal pain. Not one doctor knew what it was. So I recently started to do some research on my own. And I have come across "celiac disease". It sounded JUST like what I have been phasing with. So actually, just about 2 weeks ago, I went to get tested for the disease. It turns out I have it. Not to mention, I am also lactose intolerant and vegan. What a small range of food now! haha. How depressing. I literally look 8 months pregnant at night after I have foods with gluten in it. Its horrible!! XD

Hi, I'm 12 almost 13 and I started having problems when I was 5 and like you went to ER, Even the famous Cook Children’s Hospital in Dallas of which they took out my Gallbladder. Anyhow I was just diagnosed a year ago with celiac disease and have felt SO much better. I too am Lactose intolerant, I can tolerate sherbet though. I am so sensitive that I can't even have food that might be cross contaminated or I am sick. I'm in Texas btw.

#8 JackPintavalle

JackPintavalle

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

Im from Ct. and im 15 and have had celiac since i was 3

#9 kannne

kannne

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:43 PM

I am 19 and have had celiac for 9 years. I am now on SCD diet.
SCD diet.

#10 Eilidh

Eilidh

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

I am 19 and have had celiac for 9 years. I am now on SCD diet.

Hey I'm 17 and I live in B.C. Canada. I've known that I was celiac for 6 years. I live on an island where it is pretty common, because everyone is so intouch with their health. My mom actually runs a gluten-free bakery, so thats sweet, but there are only 2 teens here that know they have it. And I want to meet some more teens who know how it is.
Anyone nearby?

#11 poiuyanthony

poiuyanthony

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

hey hey
i'm 15 and i've had celiac for almost
my names Anthony and i live in QC Canada... anyone else pleaseee contact me

#12 Angels~Exist

Angels~Exist

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hey,I'm Kasey 17 yrs old. diagnosed for a year. I promise it gets better!! :lol:
JoJo
Diagnosed May 26, 2009
Live Love Laugh

#13 Rebecca Madrid

Rebecca Madrid

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:57 AM

Rebecca, 19. I self-diagnosed in Feb via diet change. No doctor could help so I just started looking myself. I live in Barrie, ON during the summer months, and in St. John's NL for the school year. Anyone in either province??
Rebecca

Gluten-Free since Feb. 2010

#14 Celiacs Mom

Celiacs Mom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

Hi
I am the mom of a 17 year old who diagnosed herself about a month ago after talking to a teacher at her school who had the same problems. My daughter is a competive irish dancer (about 8- 10 hrs practice a week) and has had exercise induced asthma about 10 years and stomach problems all her life. She was told two years ago she definitely had irritable bowel syndrome and to change her diet. Add more fibre they said. She felt somewhat better but couldn't get her exercise induced asthma under control changing from one puffer to another. A top child respirologist had no solution. She would dance in a competition coming off stage doubled over, gasping for air and wanting to throw up. FIVE DAYS without gluten she went in a competition came off stage short of breath because she had worked hard but besides that she was fine. Unbelievable!! She has increased her stamina and doesn't require her puffer nearly as much!

#15 dunphy118

dunphy118

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:20 AM

Hey - My name is Taylor.
I am 19 and i was diagnosed about a week ago!
contact me if you want =]]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: