Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Any Celiac Teens Out There?

77 posts in this topic

Hi kelly! I just got diagnosed with Celaic disease late last year and I'm turning 16. I find the diet difficult and all my friend's seem to get anoyed with my special diet needs!

But, some even go out of their way to buy me little snacks and I met a fellow celiac this year at school:)

-Bree

Ads by Google:

Hi! Im 14 and I've had it like 8 months now.. it sucks! But its great to know there are others out there...!! Whats up??:)

hey im 13 and i don't know anyone around my age that has it. i have been diagnosed for 2, almost 3 weeks now. :)

hey my name is mikaela and i am almost sixteen too!! i started getting sick when i was eight then after three years of tests i found out i have celiac. i never really liked baked goods so it wasen't very hard to go off gluten. i am getting fed up with having to read all the lables on the packages though. but my friends have been really good and always have something gluten free in the cupboard for me. do you know of a good bread company cuz i am having a hard time finding good gluten-free bread??

The best one i found is UDI's gluten free bread and they have other products to that are the best lol

I'm 19, been diagnosed for a year now :) Anybody in BC, Canada? I'd really like to meet some Celiacs, I feel so alone..

I live in BC, Canada (haha where else :P). I am 17 - almost 18 mind you. And I have just been diagnosed 3 weeks ago with celiac. I also feel quite alone because I know no one my age, or around my age with this disease. I would love to meet people or just talk with people closer to my age with it. :)

I am Cherie. Been celiac for about 3 years now. Self diagnosed 4 weeks ago, been on the gluten free ever since and I have never felt better! I am turning 18 this December and I live in BC, Canada. I am so happy that I have found other teens that I can talk to about this because the only other person I know who has celiac is my step-grandma and she isn't exactly going be going through the same situations as me. Anyone in BC or around it out there?? :) Feel free to message me, I am happy to meet new people :D

CT??

Hi I'm 15 and I'm from Canada. I've been diagnosed for 4 years now, and I still sometimes have difficulty explaining it all to friends.

Hey! I'm Janine, I'm 16, and I've been diagnosed for about 11 1/2 years now. I live in Northern California, so if there's anyone in the area, contact me!

Rebecca, 19. I self-diagnosed in Feb via diet change. No doctor could help so I just started looking myself. I live in Barrie, ON during the summer months, and in St. John's NL for the school year. Anyone in either province??

Hey, I live in Barrie too! I am 16 and have been gluten free for about 5 months now!

Hi! I'm Dolan (random Irish last name that my parents decided was a good first name xD). I'm a 15 year old guy from Florida and I've been diagnosed when I was around 6 or 7 I believe.

hi i'm Nicole i'm 18 and i just started college :mellow: in a different state i've met another student with celiacs (the 1st i ever met) but it is hard being in a different place and having to fend for my self and maintain a gluten-free diet (even if i am cooking all my own food) anyone out there in richmond kentucky id love to find out all the secrite gluten-free spots and stores

Hello, I'm Katie. I'm 17 and I've only been diagnosed with Celiac for about 3-4 months now. Still challenging and frustrating, but it's getting better! :)

Hey!

I'm in Ontario, and was diagnosed in May-ish of this year...

This disease seems to be growing by leaps and bounds...this will likely mean that it will improve for us celiacs :) , but really, what is the world coming to?! :blink:

Anyone else have suggestions on how to handle "may contain" foods? (chocolate :rolleyes: ). I'm still newly diagnosed, and my symptoms haven't really relieved themselves yet, so I'm not really sure.

I wish I could go to the cafeteria and shout: ANY CELIACS IN THE PLACE?

hey hey

i'm 15 and i've had celiac for almost

my names Anthony and i live in QC Canada... anyone else pleaseee contact me

Anthony! I'm also from QC Canada, we should hang out lol

I was born with celiac disease, but just discovered I had it last week, I'm 15 years old. It's so hard going Gluten-Free... I'm never full, almost always hungry, I've lost a lot of weight already, and when the class/my friends eat something I can't it's torture! I'm having the worst time getting used to this and I'm not even feeling better yet, it's going to take awhile. I really hate this, but it'll be worth it in the end.

I'm 18, been diagnosed for 7 years. I go to college in Bc Canada, and iv never met another celiac at my school :P

Hi there!

I've been gluten-free for a good... Nearly two years now (With a summer off for a pointless blood test, worst summer ever. >:- | ) I'm in Northern California, I'd love to talk to anyone else around here that's working through Celiac's! x_X Or any other food allergies, don't get me started on my list, no fun. X- P

I'm 20, I've reacted since I was old enough to eat solid food, but  I've never been truly diagnosed with celiac. At the age of 2 or 3 I was put on a gluten free diet( among other things) for 2 years and that fixed everything for me. Unfortunately I can't afford to be gluten free and its really messing with my college studies.

Hey guys. Don't know if this thread is dying but I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Casey (girl) about to turn 18 and I was diagnosed with celiacs about a month ago and enduring that lovely (awful) healing period. I live in northern Cali and I'd love to talk to some other teens with celiacs!!

Hey my names kimberlie . I've been a celiac for almost a year now . I live in cali . Contact me smile.gif I need some celiac friends. I know of only one other celiac Wich is my best friends Grammy .

Where in Cali? I live in Ukiah (North California)

Hey I'm Dana, I'm 20 and I think I was diagnosed 2 years ago. Glad to meet others who have celiac/can't eat gluten!

I'm a college student.  I'm still in the process of a diagnosis but I definitely have a gluten sensitivity as well as sensitivity to oats even if they are certified gluten free.  I have other allergies as well.  Been eating gluten-free for about a year but lately I seem to be becoming more sensitive, used to be able to eat a small amount of gluten every so often (such as some teriyaki sauce) but now that just doesn't cut it.  Cross-contamination is also becoming an issue.    

Hi! I'm Lauren from Seattle, I am 18 and I have DH Celiac Disease as well as hypothyroidism. It took me about two years to finally diagnose my disease because I never had any stomach issues, instead my Celiac disease presents as a horrible rash all over my body and face. It has been really hard having to go to high school with such a physically different disease and have had to be home schooled this year. I recently missed my senior prom, and am missing graduation this weekend because of how I look. I wish I could be more confident in how I look, but it's really hard seeing yourself as anything other than how you looked with a raging rash all over. Dating and any type of relationship have been hard to make because I rarely leave the house due to how I look. I hope to hear from some other teens dealing with a similar situation because so far I don't know anyone else like me.

xoxo ~ Lauren  :D