72 replies to this topic

#16 bCoy

bCoy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

Names Brandon, im 18 from New Jersey. I was diagnosed 17 years ago. been on Celiac diet my whole life. Its not bad at all to be honest. im actually the healthiest person in my family lol

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 G-freegal12

G-freegal12

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

Hi!, I'm 13 and in August I will be gluten-free for A WHOLE ENTIRE YEAR (wow) lol :lol:
I am bein' glutend right now... I look like I should be looking at pacifires and maternity shirts...
Went gluten free as of the summer of 2009
I have also now declared doctors as not really very smart
(No offense to all the good ones)

Gluten is sneaky and not to be trusted...

#18 Hineys <3

Hineys <3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:14 PM

Heyy Girl! :] I'm Helen. I'm 17! I self diagnosed in January of this year, Almost everyone on my moms side has Celiac and one aunt on my dads does and it still took a year to figure out what it was. I have been gluten free for 6 months now and I'm finding that its really not that hard now that i found amazing pizza!! I live in Kentucky and would LOVE to know some people around here with it! Even if your from other places though, I would love to chat..I'm a talker in case you cant tell! :] Hit me up some time!
Gluten Free since January of 2010!

"Personally, I'd much rather regret something I'd done rather than something I was too afraid to do." - Batman

#19 Hineys <3

Hineys <3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

My names Helen. Im 17 and was diagnosed january of this year however, I have been suffering with symptoms since May of 2009. I dont know anyone my age thats not family that has Celiac and would love to talk to some people.
Gluten Free since January of 2010!

"Personally, I'd much rather regret something I'd done rather than something I was too afraid to do." - Batman

#20 celiacprincess17

celiacprincess17

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

Cassidy, 17&1/2.
I was diagnosed 12 years ago. That's before there was "all purpose gluten free flour". Baking was awful.
Actually, that was before decent bread... Our breadmaker made one very lovely doorstop before it was retired.

I like to talk, and answer questions. Oh, and making friends.
So hi (:
Diagnosed for 12 years and running. What was that, 1997? Yes, yes it was. Wow.

#21 Lett

Lett

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

Hi, im 15 (almost 16) years old boy. I was diagnosed with celiac when i was 10 (one day before my 11th birthday, so that was my birthday gift from a doctor, lol)

#22 eeyore

eeyore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

I'm 14 -I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago...
I'M A JESUS FREAK!

#23 Mike7

Mike7

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:07 PM

19 - from MA.

I have to say I know how all you guys feel. But I think eventually, I just realized - that we are ALL actually alone. I know that sounds kind of depressing, but it's true. And it certainly does not have to be depressing. After I accepted that, I was actually happier than before I had come to that realization.

By becoming more independent and improving myself - I became more attractive than I've ever been. That in turn boosted my self-confidence, which in turn boosted my happiness.

I know a lot of issues seem to be tied to gluten at first, but eventually you'll realize - a lot of them are just life's problems. And I know it's especially hard for teenagers since most of us are kind of confused anyway (I know I was!) but things do get better. I can promise you that. I have only been gluten-free for 1 year and 3 months and the changes over the past 6 months have been absurd.

Hey, I'm 19 and from MA

Oh and RideAllWays, BC, Canada is where it's at...best city in Canada
Your friendly support guy

#24 Aeva

Aeva

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

Aeva, 18
I've had ongoing stomach issues my whole life. I got unofficially diagnosed a few years ago, gave up with no improvement and have now officially been told (yay bloodwork!) that I am, in fact, gluten intolerant. It's been about 4 months now, and I haven't seen that much improvement yet, although I've got a few other minor health things going on too, which prolly don't help.

Oh, and I live about 20 minutes outside NYC.
GI issues since age 6

Unofficially diagnosed Celiac at age 14 (no improvement)

Officially diagnosed Celiac at 18 (positive blood test)

Severe Vitamin D deficiency caused by Celiac not changing with supplements or diet change

Thalassemia

#25 Kelly&Mom

Kelly&Mom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

My daughter Kelly (14) was diagnosed about a year ago now and is doing much better although we've added IBS (especially dairy) to the mix of "bad" foods. We were given an amazing gluten-free dessert cookbook and she's been baking up a storm for us! chocolate cheesecake, chocolate pecan pie, brownies, banana cream pie, cakes, cookies..... Yum! She wants to open a bakery! Luckily most of her friends are very understanding and helpful, actually make her gluten-free things or check to see what she can eat for sleep-overs. She's gained weight, has so much more energy and personality! You are not alone and lucky to have gotten diagnosed now. I'm 45 and finally got a diagnosis in Feb. of this year after having stomach issues since I can remember. My mom died of a celiac related cancer so I'm so glad I have a fighting chance!
Celiac disease, diagnosed 2/10, symptoms since I was about 13 or so. Mom died of non-Hodgkins lymphoma that originated in her intestinal tract at age 56

Daughter, 14 yrs. old, diagnosed 9/10 after about a year of stomach problems, eczema (now gone!!), also has IBS

#26 shelbymartin93

shelbymartin93

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

I'm 19, been diagnosed for a year now :) Anybody in BC, Canada? I'd really like to meet some Celiacs, I feel so alone..

Hi i'm shelby. I'm 17 and was diagnosed two weeks ago. It's been a hard adjustment and I'm still not feeling that well. Was it like this for you?

#27 freeoglutevil

freeoglutevil

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

I'm 19 and I live in the Seattle, WA area.. I've been very strict on my gluten free and dairy free diet since I was 14 when I was diagnosed celiac, but I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy when I was 8... I always want to go to the Seattle Meet up for celiacs but I'm kinda afraid it's gonna be all "adults" lol

anybody have problems with boyfriends/girlfriends that don't understand, or think celiac is funny..?

talk to meee (:

Emma

1999 Wheat free, age 8
2005 Peanut free, age 14
2005 Gluten free, age 14
2005 Dairy free, age 14
2010 Healthy, age 19
And I will keep on feeling better!

#28 RideAllWays

RideAllWays

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hey, I'm 19 and from MA

Oh and RideAllWays, BC, Canada is where it's at...best city in Canada

BC is a province with lots of cities.. :D But yes, it's lovely!

#29 brittanymaine

brittanymaine

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

Names Brandon, im 18 from New Jersey. I was diagnosed 17 years ago. been on Celiac diet my whole life. Its not bad at all to be honest. im actually the healthiest person in my family lol

so you've had it since you were 1?
i love new jerseyy, do you go to bamboozle?

#30 polarbearscooby

polarbearscooby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hi!

I'm 20, female, live in Kansas.....

I was diagnosed September of last year, there is only one other person in my family with celiac disease, and we aren't close. (2nd cousin...)

I guess that's about it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: