73 replies to this topic

#46 alex*iustaspira

alex*iustaspira

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hey I'm alex, and I'm from ontario, canada. I'm 20 years old and was diagnosed a few months ago just before my 20th birthday. Its been so hard and I keep accidently eating gluten! Its even more difficult in university when everyone eats out all the time. I too don't know anyone with celiac so nobody I know really understands it. If anyone else is in college too or has any advice that'd be awesome!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 123bree7797

123bree7797

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

Hi I'm Brianna 13 and live in Oregon

#48 SarahBeaver

SarahBeaver

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hey, I'm Sarah. I'm 17 and I'm from Seattle, WA.

I was diagnosed 3 times. Once in 8th grade, once in 10th grade, and about a month ago. When I was younger, a lot of stuff happened and doctors went on and off if I was really allergic or not. One doctor had a heart attack because the test results were so high, a different doctor read the same report and told me I was fine. To say it's been confusing is an understatement....but anyway, now I have been off of gluten for a month and I feel a lot better. I get REALLY bad shoulder pain, my stomach becomes upset, my asthma gets worse, my skin breaks out in rashes.

Anyway, it's nice to know I"m not alone. :)

#49 SusieQ

SusieQ

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

i have been recently diagnosed with celiac disease about two weeks ago. its kinda hard to switch at first, but i guess ill get use to it. ive also noticed that im a lot more sensitive when i accidently eat gluten, even though its only been two weeks.
I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease since April 2011.
~ Susie ~ :)

#50 Cara_Mac

Cara_Mac

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:19 AM

Hi, I'm 12 almost 13 and I started having problems when I was 5 and like you went to ER, Even the famous Cook Children’s Hospital in Dallas of which they took out my Gallbladder. Anyhow I was just diagnosed a year ago with celiac disease and have felt SO much better. I too am Lactose intolerant, I can tolerate sherbet though. I am so sensitive that I can't even have food that might be cross contaminated or I am sick. I'm in Texas btw.

hi my names cara im 12 and have just been diugnosed with celiac. -_-
i was so shocked when i found out. i didnt know what would happen or how hard it would be. i didnt know how to tell my family but i just did and they have been so much help towards my health(i dont know if i could of made it this far without them)
i wasnt so sure about my dad though, he was a bit suprised and at first he said i was on my own, i think he'll come around.
i'm the only one in my family that is celiac so its a bit hard for me to mantain a healthy diet for me with all these non gluton-free things aroud.
at first i didnt know what i could eat or not but my mum she was a lot of help.

i'm so relieved that there are other people around the world that are going through the same things i did.

so happy to finally found a place i can fit in
Cara :)

#51 breeeebreeee

breeeebreeee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

Hi kelly! I just got diagnosed with Celaic disease late last year and I'm turning 16. I find the diet difficult and all my friend's seem to get anoyed with my special diet needs!
But, some even go out of their way to buy me little snacks and I met a fellow celiac this year at school:)

-Bree
-Bree
dx celaic in September of 2010
wheat and gluten allergy.

#52 SusieQ

SusieQ

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

Hi! Im 14 and I've had it like 8 months now.. it sucks! But its great to know there are others out there...!! Whats up??:)

hey im 13 and i don't know anyone around my age that has it. i have been diagnosed for 2, almost 3 weeks now. :)
I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease since April 2011.
~ Susie ~ :)

#53 123bree

123bree

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

hey my name is mikaela and i am almost sixteen too!! i started getting sick when i was eight then after three years of tests i found out i have celiac. i never really liked baked goods so it wasen't very hard to go off gluten. i am getting fed up with having to read all the lables on the packages though. but my friends have been really good and always have something gluten free in the cupboard for me. do you know of a good bread company cuz i am having a hard time finding good gluten-free bread??

The best one i found is UDI's gluten free bread and they have other products to that are the best lol

#54 gibberish093

gibberish093

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

I'm 19, been diagnosed for a year now :) Anybody in BC, Canada? I'd really like to meet some Celiacs, I feel so alone..

I live in BC, Canada (haha where else :P). I am 17 - almost 18 mind you. And I have just been diagnosed 3 weeks ago with celiac. I also feel quite alone because I know no one my age, or around my age with this disease. I would love to meet people or just talk with people closer to my age with it. :)

cherie plain
dealt with skin reactions for 3 1/2 years; doctors diagnosed me with chronic hives and excema.
5 doctors and 100 doctor appointments later I was self diagnosed with dermatitis herpetiformis
I got tested and was postive for celiac.
gluten-free for almost 2 years now.

#55 gibberish093

gibberish093

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

I am Cherie. Been celiac for about 3 years now. Self diagnosed 4 weeks ago, been on the gluten free ever since and I have never felt better! I am turning 18 this December and I live in BC, Canada. I am so happy that I have found other teens that I can talk to about this because the only other person I know who has celiac is my step-grandma and she isn't exactly going be going through the same situations as me. Anyone in BC or around it out there?? :) Feel free to message me, I am happy to meet new people :D

cherie plain
dealt with skin reactions for 3 1/2 years; doctors diagnosed me with chronic hives and excema.
5 doctors and 100 doctor appointments later I was self diagnosed with dermatitis herpetiformis

#56 Sammmmmy

Sammmmmy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

Where in CT?

#57 gibberish093

gibberish093

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

CT??

cherie plain

#58 BakingQueen

BakingQueen

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Hi I'm 15 and I'm from Canada. I've been diagnosed for 4 years now, and I still sometimes have difficulty explaining it all to friends.

#59 janineisaceliac

janineisaceliac

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hey! I'm Janine, I'm 16, and I've been diagnosed for about 11 1/2 years now. I live in Northern California, so if there's anyone in the area, contact me!
<3 Janine

#60 Katah

Katah

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

Rebecca, 19. I self-diagnosed in Feb via diet change. No doctor could help so I just started looking myself. I live in Barrie, ON during the summer months, and in St. John's NL for the school year. Anyone in either province??

Hey, I live in Barrie too! I am 16 and have been gluten free for about 5 months now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: