73 replies to this topic

#61 Hadrian

Hadrian

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hi! I'm Dolan (random Irish last name that my parents decided was a good first name xD). I'm a 15 year old guy from Florida and I've been diagnosed when I was around 6 or 7 I believe.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 allergyprone

allergyprone

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

hi i'm Nicole i'm 18 and i just started college :mellow: in a different state i've met another student with celiacs (the 1st i ever met) but it is hard being in a different place and having to fend for my self and maintain a gluten-free diet (even if i am cooking all my own food) anyone out there in richmond kentucky id love to find out all the secrite gluten-free spots and stores

#63 Katie H

Katie H

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:22 AM

Hello, I'm Katie. I'm 17 and I've only been diagnosed with Celiac for about 3-4 months now. Still challenging and frustrating, but it's getting better! :)
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease 4/20/11. Possibly (probably) lactose intolerant as well. Waiting for test results!

#64 DanPatch

DanPatch

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hey!

I'm in Ontario, and was diagnosed in May-ish of this year...

This disease seems to be growing by leaps and bounds...this will likely mean that it will improve for us celiacs :) , but really, what is the world coming to?! :blink:

Anyone else have suggestions on how to handle "may contain" foods? (chocolate :rolleyes: ). I'm still newly diagnosed, and my symptoms haven't really relieved themselves yet, so I'm not really sure.

#65 Februaryrich

Februaryrich

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

I wish I could go to the cafeteria and shout: ANY CELIACS IN THE PLACE?
Gluten free since 01/09/11
Food intolerance to be determined!

#66 Februaryrich

Februaryrich

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

hey hey
i'm 15 and i've had celiac for almost
my names Anthony and i live in QC Canada... anyone else pleaseee contact me

Anthony! I'm also from QC Canada, we should hang out lol
Gluten free since 01/09/11
Food intolerance to be determined!

#67 CeliacEllie

CeliacEllie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

I was born with celiac disease, but just discovered I had it last week, I'm 15 years old. It's so hard going Gluten-Free... I'm never full, almost always hungry, I've lost a lot of weight already, and when the class/my friends eat something I can't it's torture! I'm having the worst time getting used to this and I'm not even feeling better yet, it's going to take awhile. I really hate this, but it'll be worth it in the end.

#68 DerpTyler

DerpTyler

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'm 18, been diagnosed for 7 years. I go to college in Bc Canada, and iv never met another celiac at my school :P

#69 Stern

Stern

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hi there!

I've been gluten-free for a good... Nearly two years now (With a summer off for a pointless blood test, worst summer ever. >:- | ) I'm in Northern California, I'd love to talk to anyone else around here that's working through Celiac's! x_X Or any other food allergies, don't get me started on my list, no fun. X- P

#70 JetLockheart

JetLockheart

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm 20, I've reacted since I was old enough to eat solid food, but  I've never been truly diagnosed with celiac. At the age of 2 or 3 I was put on a gluten free diet( among other things) for 2 years and that fixed everything for me. Unfortunately I can't afford to be gluten free and its really messing with my college studies.

#71 soccerchic383

soccerchic383

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hey guys. Don't know if this thread is dying but I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Casey (girl) about to turn 18 and I was diagnosed with celiacs about a month ago and enduring that lovely (awful) healing period. I live in northern Cali and I'd love to talk to some other teens with celiacs!!

#72 arfellman

arfellman

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hey my names kimberlie . I've been a celiac for almost a year now . I live in cali . Contact me smile.gif I need some celiac friends. I know of only one other celiac Wich is my best friends Grammy .

Where in Cali? I live in Ukiah (North California)

#73 djsimendinger

djsimendinger

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hey I'm Dana, I'm 20 and I think I was diagnosed 2 years ago. Glad to meet others who have celiac/can't eat gluten!

#74 gerbilgirl

gerbilgirl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

I'm a college student.  I'm still in the process of a diagnosis but I definitely have a gluten sensitivity as well as sensitivity to oats even if they are certified gluten free.  I have other allergies as well.  Been eating gluten-free for about a year but lately I seem to be becoming more sensitive, used to be able to eat a small amount of gluten every so often (such as some teriyaki sauce) but now that just doesn't cut it.  Cross-contamination is also becoming an issue.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: