Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Rite Aid Generics Will Be Labeling Gluten Free Soon!

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 Mac55

Mac55

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:35 AM

I went to Rite Aid yesterday to get some allergy medication, cetiri-D, that time of year. :) I always buy the generics, so I didn't even think about checking to see if it's gluten free until I got into the car. I called the number on the box when I got home and after a while the lady told me this batch was gluten free but to call whenever I bought a new medication. I told her how I was so new to this and asked if many of their products contain gluten? She said no but always call and check. She also told me sometime in the near future they are going to be changing their labeling to include a gluten free label, right on the box! You don't even know how excited I was! I ALWAYS buy those to save money and what at time saver to be able to see that right in the store. I'm not sure if it's a larger company that makes and sells generics to other stores as well but I'm happy! :D
Diagnosed with Celiac through blood work Feb 2010
Gluten-free/dairy-free Feb 2010

Mom to 2 gluten sensitive boys

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BethM55

BethM55

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

Thank you, this is excellent information. I also shop at Rite Aid. :)
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten free since 12/09.
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. Fibro symptoms have improved but not gone away with gluten free living.
Osteoarthritis, mostly in hands and neck and lumbar spine. Not sure if going gluten-free has helped that problem, but it certainly can't hurt. (Am very grateful that so far no sign of the RA that is devastating my mother lately.)
Considering a dairy free trial. Considering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: