#16 Link

Link

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

Jason,
Wow. I was really moved by your note. I can totally relate to how you are feeling; I think many of us can. GI/Celiac Disease is totally life altering... mentally, physically, and emotionally. It's tough to deal with...for all the reasons you mentioned. It stinks...no doubt about it. I hate having GI. I hate that all my kids have it...some with serious problems. But I can't change any of it. I have to accept it, deal with it, and learn to look forward to all the same meals with all the same food, day after day. But I now I eat to live, instead of living to eat. I used to be a gourmet cook...it was my passion. Now I channel that passion into being able to create a meal without gluten, casein, corn, soy, eggs, or yeast and actually have it taste like something I want to eat.

You need to take control of your condition and learn to help yourself. You are so young and have your entire life ahead of you. Sure you'll have to make some adjust-ments and, no, it won't be easy...who ever said life was easy? But, I agree with most everyone else in suggesting/advising some counseling. It will help you put things into the proper perspective and see what really matters. You need to concentrate on healing yourself before becoming involved in a relationship that will stress you out in your current state of health.

Also, maybe a nutritionist could help you plan some of your meals; maybe offer some suggestions about food variety. Jason, for your own good, you should try to be open to the suggestions from those of us who are in the same boat as you. Some of us struggle with it every day...just like you. You really aren't stuggling alone. We're all here to support you.
EAT TO LIVE; DON'T LIVE TO EAT!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: