3 replies to this topic

#1 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:43 AM

I've been invited to a Tastefully Simple party Fri. evening at one of my neighbors. Do you know if they have any products that are gluten free?

This is from their website:

Q. Do Tastefully Simple products contain gluten?
A. A number of Tastefully Simple products contain gluten. The best source of ingredient information is always the product label. We recommend that you check the label on each product to determine whether our scrumptious, easy-to-prepare products are the best fit for your particular needs.

Now that doesn't tell me a helluva lot. While I am not yet gluten free (waiting enco/biopsy on April 9 after which I am going gluten free), I certainly don't want to purchase anything that I may not be able to have.

Any input you have would be appreciated...
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jststric

jststric

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:17 AM

I would say don't buy anything you can't see the ingredients list for yourself. Just an added thought that would affect me if I were in your situation. I am also gluten-intolerant, but seem to be very sensitive to any possible cross-contamination. So I have to be careful no only what the ingredients or labels say, but consider what else the company makes. If they don't say its made in a facility specific for the gluten-free, it should say "Made in facilities that also processes........". If it does, then stay away from it. And with this company, even if it doesn't say that, I would stay away from it unless it specifically says it is made in a gluten-free facility....and I would doubt they have that.

#3 my.oh.my

my.oh.my

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:14 AM

Hi there,
i know of a dedicated gluten-free facility for gluten-free mixes:http://www.gfessentials.com/
and a dedicated gluten-free facility for baked goods
http://www.katzglutenfree.com/
Hope the information is helpful!

#4 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for your replies! I have to say that I'm not normally into attending these party plans with their assortments of grossly overpriced items. I haven't yet made a decision if I'll attend as I canceled a dental appt. today because I felt like crap (literally!)

Once I go gluten free, I'm sure I'll be cooking pretty simple things and shopping the outer rims of grocery stores for fresh veggies, fruit and meats.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: