18 replies to this topic

#16 Looking for answers

Looking for answers

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

Although I never had sinus infections, I did have chronic bronchitis (2-3 cases per year) prior to going gluten free. After going gluten free, I haven't had a single case!!!
2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)
2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life
2009 Low T3 thyroid hormone, muscle twitching and adrenal fatigue
2006- Elevated Speckled ANA. GI suggested Celiac. Started gluten-free diet, but sloppily
2005 - Thought I had wheat "allergy." Stopped eating bread, oats problem too
College years - Still vegan -sickest point in life. Every classic celiac symptom
Teenage years - Stomach pain prompted veganism -> BIG mistake!
Child - Awful gas, D, C. Chronic infections, appendix and tonsils removed

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

Although I never had sinus infections, I did have chronic bronchitis (2-3 cases per year) prior to going gluten free. After going gluten free, I haven't had a single case!!!

No sinus infections, but definitely ear infections and bronchitis. Acupuncture was the best non-med solution to ear infections (as opposed to however many rounds of antibiotics). Seriously instant drainage, decreased inflammation, and then I could heal. Would imagine it works similarly for sinus infections.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#18 Coolclimates

Coolclimates

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

I, too, have had sinus problems for the last few years. Not so much sinus infection, but more like allergies to pollen. My face and nose will get a lot of pressure, which can be very uncomfortable, as well as headaches. Sometimes I also get some pain around my teeth (more sinuses). I was tested for allergies several years ago and came out negative, rather my doc told me I had "pseudo allergies." In otherwords, not true allergies but symptoms that mimic allergies and respond to allergy medication. Anyone else been told this?
I also have had numerous problems with yeast infections, although I'm not sure if this is another common symptom of Celiac disease or not.
[/quote]

#19 samanthasouth

samanthasouth

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hi I am new to this site. I was taking antibiotics and steroids over and over again every few months for my sinus problems. Also ibuprofen. But both of them can cause problems with stomach, even ulcers and can give candida. Ibuprofen was given for the pain but it can cause polyps in the nose. I now have problems with my stomach which are bad which I am sure I would not have had otherwise. I found the best way to clear my ears of fluid was to take a lot of vitamin c and garlic. I am going to switch over to a diet which cuts out dairy sugar,refined foods, fruit, yeast etc and see if that helps. But am going to eat my way through the food already in the freezers and cupboard first! Not throwing that out. Am now taking a good pro biotic every day.
An anti fungal medication. Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: