This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Belly Sensitive To The Touch

beijing

beijing Newbie

ok guys u have been very helpful in the past, now im hoping u can help me with this...im about 4mos gluten free, this morning i woke up with very bad stomach pain...yesterday i had take out from the outback ribeye steak and garlic mashed potatos..and a salad...ive never had a problem with them before, and everything looked safe...i told them 500 times it was gluten free and it was written on the ticket...my upper belly underneath my ribs and to the left of my belly button hurt SO BAD!! even just to touch it!!! i have a lot of gurgling and i can feel it getting bigger and bigger..it even hurts just to walk, almost feels like my intestines are gonna explode!! please help did i get glutened???? could there be something else wrong??? is this common??? I have no idea and is there something to alleviate the pain or do i just wait it out?? should i give my belly a break and not eat very much today..i feel really nauseus too...please please please help me..dnt no what to do!! kinda scared and nervous..thank u guys so much

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

passionfruit877 Apprentice

ok guys u have been very helpful in the past, now im hoping u can help me with this...im about 4mos gluten free, this morning i woke up with very bad stomach pain...yesterday i had take out from the outback ribeye steak and garlic mashed potatos..and a salad...ive never had a problem with them before, and everything looked safe...i told them 500 times it was gluten free and it was written on the ticket...my upper belly underneath my ribs and to the left of my belly button hurt SO BAD!! even just to touch it!!! i have a lot of gurgling and i can feel it getting bigger and bigger..it even hurts just to walk, almost feels like my intestines are gonna explode!! please help did i get glutened???? could there be something else wrong??? is this common??? I have no idea and is there something to alleviate the pain or do i just wait it out?? should i give my belly a break and not eat very much today..i feel really nauseus too...please please please help me..dnt no what to do!! kinda scared and nervous..thank u guys so much

When I get glutened my stomach swells up huge, both at the bottom and right above my belly button and I pretty much just have to wait for it to go back down, I really haven't found anything that helps it go down. Also, the area right under my breastbone and above my bellybutton gets very tender to the touch. It also looks kind of weird, like there's a little swollen ball in it. This was common for me to have all the time before I stopped eating gluten. I had no idea what was wrong with me at the time, it sucked. Now it happends though when I get glutened and takes like a day to go away, depending on how much I ate I guess.

I have been off gluten for 6 months or so and I was going to say, I hit this point where all of a sudden I became very sensitive to gluten. I have a lot of trouble eating out, it tends to make me a little sick every time. I used to think these people on here that wouldn't eat out were just being paranoid, but now I can see what they mean. When I first stopped eating it I could eat out no problem, but now its not the same. My doctor said its like a shock to your body once you get gluten and its been out of your system for so long.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

You could very well have been glutened. I also get severe pain when glutened and Pepto Bismal liquid seems to help. If your pain is extemely severe you may want to call your doctor or go to the ER. The ER can make sure that nothing else is going on and if needed give you a GI cocktail to help the pain. Although with the gurgling it is likely you were glutened it is better to err on the side of caution if the pain is so overwhelming that you can't straighten up or walk.

beijing Newbie

You could very well have been glutened. I also get severe pain when glutened and Pepto Bismal liquid seems to help. If your pain is extemely severe you may want to call your doctor or go to the ER. The ER can make sure that nothing else is going on and if needed give you a GI cocktail to help the pain. Although with the gurgling it is likely you were glutened it is better to err on the side of caution if the pain is so overwhelming that you can't straighten up or walk.

Thank you so much for ur response, sometimes i get scared and dont no if what im feeling is normal to celiac or something else...thank goodness that the pain finally subsided..i still feel a trace of it but nothing as close as what it was this morning...thank u so much for your response im still new at this, and sometimes i have a lot of questions, the only other person in my family that has this is my dad and he passed away a couple of years ago...so thank u guys for being there for me...very much appreciated

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Thank you so much for ur response, sometimes i get scared and dont no if what im feeling is normal to celiac or something else...thank goodness that the pain finally subsided..i still feel a trace of it but nothing as close as what it was this morning...thank u so much for your response im still new at this, and sometimes i have a lot of questions, the only other person in my family that has this is my dad and he passed away a couple of years ago...so thank u guys for being there for me...very much appreciated

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. Be aware that you may find you have pretty bad D in the next day or two. That can sometimes be delayed for us. I usually have the severe pain the first day and D on the third or fourth.

I always make sure I have pepto liquid on hand, just in case, cause when the pain hits I really can't make it to a store to buy any.

beijing Newbie

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. Be aware that you may find you have pretty bad D in the next day or two. That can sometimes be delayed for us. I usually have the severe pain the first day and D on the third or fourth.

I always make sure I have pepto liquid on hand, just in case, cause when the pain hits I really can't make it to a store to buy any.

Thank you Raven I usually get the big "C" and not the big "D" (although that happens too)...and let me tell u "C" is here!!!

so here comes the big belly and discomfort :( and of course loss of appetite..im always afraid to take pepto, although it feels good on my stomach for the moment, the consequences come later

mlarson Rookie

I have had similar problems (sensitive to touch under ribs and to the left of my belly button and gurgling, etc) and I have been gluten free for almost a year now. After about three months of feeling that way off and on and have a constant sensitive to the touch stomach and many sleepless nights I was diagnosed with H. Pylori three days ago. Here is a link of where you can obtain more info about H. Pylori (Open Original Shared Link) but it may be something you should get tested for. Its usually detected with just a simple blood test and treated with an aggressive dose of antibiotics, but its worth it. I am on day two of the antibiotics and I am already feeling better! Hope you get to feeling better soon! In the mean time, gas-x, a heating pad, and peppermint tea helped me when I felt that way.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CecilyF Rookie

I too suffer from the extreme bloating, but sometimes I cannot connect it to anything I've eaten. I've been asked if I was pregnant it was so badly swollen. I've also been told by a doctor to go on Weight Watchers, and I tried to explain that if it was weight, it wouldn't come and go to that extreme. Any wisdom or advice anyone wants to share.

When I get glutened, I have flu-like symptoms...chills, sweats, nausea and of course the bloated stomach.

Will this EVER end???

beijing Newbie

I have had similar problems (sensitive to touch under ribs and to the left of my belly button and gurgling, etc) and I have been gluten free for almost a year now. After about three months of feeling that way off and on and have a constant sensitive to the touch stomach and many sleepless nights I was diagnosed with H. Pylori three days ago. Here is a link of where you can obtain more info about H. Pylori (Open Original Shared Link) but it may be something you should get tested for. Its usually detected with just a simple blood test and treated with an aggressive dose of antibiotics, but its worth it. I am on day two of the antibiotics and I am already feeling better! Hope you get to feeling better soon! In the mean time, gas-x, a heating pad, and peppermint tea helped me when I felt that way.

OMG!!! thank you so much!! that is so helpful im fixin to go to that site rite now...thank you

beijing Newbie

I too suffer from the extreme bloating, but sometimes I cannot connect it to anything I've eaten. I've been asked if I was pregnant it was so badly swollen. I've also been told by a doctor to go on Weight Watchers, and I tried to explain that if it was weight, it wouldn't come and go to that extreme. Any wisdom or advice anyone wants to share.

When I get glutened, I have flu-like symptoms...chills, sweats, nausea and of course the bloated stomach.

Will this EVER end???

I've been asked if i was pregnant too, i also have the infertility that comes with it, so it really messes with ur head, when u look pregnant and ur not!! I hate that!! some doctors are so imcompetent u think they would know more than u do but unfortunately sometimes u have to school them! so frustrating, i understand how u feel at least ur not alone(even though i know that doesn't help) unfortunately i dont have any wisdom or advice to give i have the same "will this ever end" question, but i can offer u my support and friendship whenever u need it, or just want to vent :)

Archived