This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Looking For Good Frozen Pizza

farmwife67

farmwife67 Explorer

Can anyone give me suggestions for good frozen pizza?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jencat Rookie

Hi Farmwife67,

I tried Glutino frozen pizza and it was pretty decent. Amy's on the other hand I really didn't like.-Jenny

sandiz Apprentice

There is one in Wal Mart, not sure what it taste like. It is plain cheese pizza. I got gluten free pizza crust and made my own. good luck.

i-geek Rookie

I've tried Amy's and Glutino. I thought the Amy's was pretty decent, and I think it was cheaper than the Glutino.

freeatlast Collaborator

I've tried Amy's and Glutino. I thought the Amy's was pretty decent, and I think it was cheaper than the Glutino.

I like Amy's as well with rice crust. I put my own turkey pepperoni and black olives on it. The only thing is the cheese is soy cheese...so if you're not allergic to soy...it might work for you. Hated Glutino's.

Meijer sells Amy's for $6+ and Whole Foods sells Amy's for $10, so you know where I buy mine :)

i-geek Rookie

I like Amy's as well with rice crust. I put my own turkey pepperoni and black olives on it. The only thing is the cheese is soy cheese...so if you're not allergic to soy...it might work for you. Hated Glutino's.

Meijer sells Amy's for $6+ and Whole Foods sells Amy's for $10, so you know where I buy mine :)

The Amy's pizza I bought had dairy cheese, not soy. Of course, that only works if you're also not allergic to dairy...

I wonder if Amy's makes a gluten-free pizza without any cheese at all. I think their regular pizza crust is available without cheese.

AccustomedChaos Newbie

Can anyone give me suggestions for good frozen pizza?

Kinnikinnick makes a GREAT frozen pizza crust that you can add your own toppings to - quick and very tasty (not dry like other gluten-free crusts can be)

http://accustomedchaos.blogspot.com/2010/03/product-review-kinnikinnick-personal.html'>Open Original Shared Link/2010/03/product-review-kinnikinnick-personal.html

Devan@AccustomedChaos

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I think the Kinnickinnick crusts are great. I always have a package on hand. They come 4 to a box for about $9. Hormel pepperoni is gluten-free and I always keep it and cheese on hand for a quick meal.

farmwife67 Explorer

Thank you all so much, I would like to keep the crusts as well as the premade pizza on hand. I have 17 year old twins and I am hoping they will like them as well, so I don't have to fix different meals. Trying to find stuff we can all eat. I'm finding I am paranoid about everything, I lay down foil or a plate on the cupboard before I fix anything, I'm so afraid their crumbs are going to get on my food.

Mtndog Collaborator

I like Amy's with sausage (al Fresco makes a great gluten-free garlic chicken sausage)onions and mushroom. I agree- Whole Foods charges more. I get it for $6.99 at my local grocery store.

If you can find them, the absolute BEST pizza crust I have ever had is Open Original Shared Link. Their recipe is based on a portugese cheese bread recipe and it is SO tasty. Chebe is a dedicated gluten-free facility.

bbuster Explorer

We like Isabelle's Best gluten free pizza - we get it at Sam's Club - just under $14 for two good-sized pizzas (maybe 12 inch?). Very thin crust. I always add more pepperoni.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I like Amy's with sausage (al Fresco makes a great gluten-free garlic chicken sausage)onions and mushroom. I agree- Whole Foods charges more. I get it for $6.99 at my local grocery store.

If you can find them, the absolute BEST pizza crust I have ever had is Open Original Shared Link. Their recipe is based on a portugese cheese bread recipe and it is SO tasty. Chebe is a dedicated gluten-free facility.

There's a brand called Against the Grain that also makes tapioca products, and they have an excellent pizza crust very like Chebe they sell frozen. They may only be on the East coast, not sure...

newgfcali Rookie

Udi's makes a frozen pizza crust that's soy-free, dairy-free and nut-free (who puts nuts in their crusts???). I haven't tried it yet, but I have one sitting in my freezer. I brought it home thinking I'd put some soy cheese on it, then found out I can't have soy. So it's still sitting in my freezer! Oh, well.... someday.... :rolleyes:

sbj Rookie

Udi's makes a frozen pizza crust that's soy-free, dairy-free and nut-free (who puts nuts in their crusts???). I haven't tried it yet, but I have one sitting in my freezer. I brought it home thinking I'd put some soy cheese on it, then found out I can't have soy. So it's still sitting in my freezer! Oh, well.... someday.... :rolleyes:

I tried it and it is okay - better than the Glutino's pre-made frozen and Z-Pizza (IMO). (Amy's is so darn expensive I've never bothered to try.) Udi's crust is a little sweet but made a serviceable pizza. My partner really enjoyed it - even more than I (he does not have celiac disease) and encouraged me to buy more crusts.

mofo Newbie

I haven't found one I like yet, depressing. BUT I need to lose weight so no pizza for me!

Mtndog Collaborator

Anything from Against the Grain is DELICIOUS!

mamaw Community Regular

We don't like Amy's pizza... Foods by George has a personal size pizza with sauce & cheese , not bad.

Joans gluten-free great bakes has silician pizza that everyone loves. It is like a pan pizza , crust not thick nor then... they also sell just crusts that are good as well.

Isabella pizza is very good, thin crust.Made with Domata Living Flour. Domata also sells bags of pizza crust mix, you just add water

I'm not sure where you live but Uno's Chicago Grill has a very thin crust pizza made by french meadow..

Still Riding Pizza sells crusts on there site. Many pizza joints use that crust...

We take the joans silician pizza to school & they bake it for lunch for our kid.....

hth

blessings

mamaw

newgfcali Rookie

Sounds like a lot of you have turned finding great pizza into a science! LOL!

It is, after all, one of the four food groups. :D

luvs2eat Collaborator

I haven't found one I like yet, depressing. BUT I need to lose weight so no pizza for me!

I HEAR ya on that one!! I've been treating myself to a pizza on Saturday nights while dieting the rest of the week. Namaste pizza crust mix is my new fave product!! The crust is thin and crispy... delicious!!!

sunnybabi1986 Contributor

I haven't tried many, but Kinnikinick is a huge winner in my house. Like others mentioned, the personal pizza crusts in a 4 pack are amazing!! Just top with Kraft Italian Five Cheese and Hormel pepperoni and 15 minutes later, a little bit of heaven!! The crust has an amazing flavor and now when I bring it to family's houses, they all want a bite because the crust is so yummy!

kareng Grand Master

I like the Kinnicuck (spelling?). You could try your crust with olive oil & garlic. Like a bread stick. I worked at a pizza place that made a scrambled egg pizza - marinara & eggs or some combo of eggs, peppers, etc. What about butter/margarine & cinnamon sugar? Cook the crust & then make a fruit pizza - fruits "artfully" arranged with a glaze of jelly (melt jelly in microwave). Maybe peanut butter or almond butter & chocolate. You paid $6 for those crusts- I'm determined you will use them. :)

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I like the Kinnicuck (spelling?). You could try your crust with olive oil & garlic. Like a bread stick. I worked at a pizza place that made a scrambled egg pizza - marinara & eggs or some combo of eggs, peppers, etc. What about butter/margarine & cinnamon sugar? Cook the crust & then make a fruit pizza - fruits "artfully" arranged with a glaze of jelly (melt jelly in microwave). Maybe peanut butter or almond butter & chocolate. You paid $6 for those crusts- I'm determined you will use them. :)

My gosh those all sound so good. I will definately try the fruit one. The cinnamon and sugar sounds good too. I can see me going through many more crusts a week very soon. Pizza as dinner and as dessert, what could be better for a junk food day.

newgfcali Rookie

You could try your crust with olive oil & garlic. Like a bread stick. I worked at a pizza place that made a scrambled egg pizza - marinara & eggs or some combo of eggs, peppers, etc. What about butter/margarine & cinnamon sugar? Cook the crust & then make a fruit pizza - fruits "artfully" arranged with a glaze of jelly (melt jelly in microwave). Maybe peanut butter or almond butter & chocolate. You paid $6 for those crusts- I'm determined you will use them. :)

Pretty creative, karen... hadn't thought of any of those possibilities. The scrambled egg thing sounds a little weird (sorry), but the fruit tart is a great idea.

Peanut butter and chocolate? LOL! You are creative!

Yeah, it was about $6, but since we used to pay over $20 for our weekly pizza, I figured it'd be worth it.

Weekly pizza.... those were the days....(cali is off in la la land now dreaming of pizza and drooling ever so slightly...)

Nor-TX Enthusiast

If you live near a Sprouts, they carry plain gluten-free pizza in their deli department. It is store brand. The crust is good and they have a small amount of sauce and cheese on it. I add turkey pepperoni, mushrooms and green olives. I also bake it alot longer than it indicates... I like well cooked pizza. It is even great for breakfast, cold the next day. I am dairy intolerant and it does not mess with me at all.

kareng Grand Master

Sorry to all the waist lines I may have altered. We used to make fruit pizza with sugar cookie dough & I liked it but thought it was too sweet. Some people sweeten cream cheese & put it on as the first layer but we were trying to go DF here.

Archived