4 replies to this topic

#1 Salem

Salem

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:40 AM

The chain Pizza Pizza has just made the move to my area in Vancouver. I got a flyer showing that they have gluten-free pizzas. I am tempted, but very worried about CC. I have read their website, says all employees are trained about CC. I also read some good and bad experiences on this board. All of the reviews were years old. Just wondering if anyone has tried them lately?
Vegetarian 1998
Wheat free 2001
Gluten free May 1, 2008.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:06 AM

I eat them from time to time, with no problems. The crusts are pre-made and the store uses dedicated pans and cutters. The first time I walked in and watched while it was made. Now I just call ahead for pick up.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Stylo

Stylo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:09 AM

Hey :) I live in Burnaby and was thinking of trying them as well.

I've heard good things about them personally, they seem like a good place. Before I went gluten free I had their whole wheat crust and the gut rot was enough to tell me I had to go gluten free. That's when we saw they offered that option as well, so next time we order I'll try them out.

#4 Gluten_Is_Icky

Gluten_Is_Icky

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

Here's my Pizza Pizza story!

My boyfriend and I drove across Canada, NB to Calgary, it was going to take us five days, so we didn't want to stop a whole lot or go out of the way and sight see. But, I had researched before hand and heard about these guys having gluten-free pizza, at least in Eastern Canada. So, we're driving along, starting to think about dinner when we pass this little hole-in-the-wall pizza pizza beside a gas station in Ontario. I thought for sure they'd be too small to bother carrying the gluten-free pizza, but we go in to check. They carried it, they didn't charge extra, and it was the first time I had pizza in about six months at that point. I was so excited I took a picture. It was awesome.

We only seem to have Pizza Pizza's in our movie theatres in Calgary, and they don't have the gluten-free pizza. But, Boston Pizza is also carrying gluten-free individual pizzas now, there's a thread about it already! It's very good. The Pizza Pizza's one was pretty good, kind of on the crunchy side, which I prefer mine kinda doughey. I still regard them as an awesome memory.
gluten-free one year. Always careful, Always Learning...

#5 rainer83

rainer83

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

The fact that they have a gluten free option is so awesome. I find it tastes best when it's fresh. If you leave it in the fridge and re heat it, I don't think it's as good. The Pizza Pizza's around here that I've eaten at are good about cross contamination as long as the cooks are education. However, some of the Boston Pizza (which also have good gluten free pizza) have gotten in trouble for cross contamination.
Diagnosed by a Naturopath by an elimination diet, gluten free 2 years, finally able to live again after years of suffering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: