- - - - -

Round Pebbles

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Haypaula_*

Guest_Haypaula_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:00 PM

Hi, I am new to this site ..I was diagnosed w/fibromyalgia last year but after doing some research have begun to wonder about celiac. I have many round pea sized, hard areas (cysts maybe?) in my outer thighs and upper arms. Does anyone else have this? thanks, paula

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:18 PM

I am not a doctor, and I assume that you have seen a doctor for this, but it sounds like it may be swollen lymph nodes. Have you been checked for a general infection? It doesn't appear to be a symptom specific to Celiac, but it could be a sign that your body is fighting off some sort of illness. I hope you are able to find out what is wrong. What are your other symptoms?

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#3 Guest_Haypaula_*

Guest_Haypaula_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:36 AM

Hi, I wish it were as simple as swolen lymph nodes, unfortunately there are way too many..some doctors think that people with fibromyalgia have phosphate deposits and that is what they are but I havent had them biopsied so I dont know for sure.
I have heart burn, fatigue, sensitivity to heat, muscle pain, spasms and weakness, depression, dry skin issues, B12 deficiency, chronic low white blood cells, constipation and diarhea, urgent bowel movements, chronic sinus infections, hypothyroid....I think that is it. Paula

#4 seeking_wholeness

seeking_wholeness

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:05 PM

Paula,

I'm not a doctor, but it sounds to me like these lumps may be lipomas, which are benign (non-cancerous) tumors composed of fat cells. I'm not sure how they can be treated. You may want to discuss this possibility with your doctor. It sounds like you are going through the wringer at the moment! I hope your doctor cooperates with testing you for celiac disease, and I hope that going gluten-free produces significant improvement in your various conditions. Good luck!
Sarah
gluten-free since November 1, 2003

#5 Meenucat

Meenucat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 03:24 AM

I have one pea sized hard little bump under my skin near my wrist (like the kind that I think you're speaking of) and I think they are calcium blobs or something??? My mother has a bunch of them - If you find out what they are, please post the answer - my mother told me that they are normal (she asked her doctor about her own little bumps) - I thought I had cancer when I first saw/felt mine :lol:

I think they're nothing to worry about, but I don't know what causes them - and I'm only relying on secondhand information, so go and ask your doctor just to be safe!

#6 travelthomas

travelthomas

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 01:06 PM

Paula,

I had one on my hip, that has gone away after cutting all the gluten out of my diet, and one very small one on the roof of my mouth. I kept picking at the one in my mouth, and when it started to go away it didn't disappear all the way. I think it built up scar tissue.

I thought I had fibromyalgia at first also. Most all my symptoms have gone away except the joint pain. Iím working on that with glucosamine and chondroitin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: