3 replies to this topic

#1 cyberprof

cyberprof

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

I sent my husband to Costco to buy the ham and issued instructions like "Look on the label and then call Costco's help line to see if it's gluten free." He was excited to tell me that the label on the Kirkland Signature Spiral-Cut ham said "Gluten-free." It was great (we had dinner a day early with my in-laws)!

It is too late for this Easter, but nice for next time so keep it in mind!

~Laura
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

The spiral cut ham I bought at Sam's was also marked gluten free as was the packet of glaze. It was one of the best hams I have ever had. Hooray for companies that tell us when the food is safe!

#3 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

PROGRESS!!!!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

Yum! I love a good ham. Now if they could make it fat free, life would be good. :P

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: