arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Severe Pain In Lower Right Abdomen... Related To Celiac?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Becci

Becci

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

A few years ago I started having severe stabbing pains in my lower right abdomen... It hurts like hell and is so bad most of the time if I move I scream. After three years of daily pain it just went away. It started again two and a half months ago and is just as bad; I am in a wheelchair right now. Dr.'s could never find what it was and said it was all in my head, including the seizures I was having for a while. Yeah, Dr's are morons. They told me the same thing about the Celiac symptoms, they were all in my head. Ugh.

But anyway, I was wondering if it might be a bad symptom of Celiac, and since none of my Dr's know anything about celiac disease they just don't know it.

Please help, I have got to do something!
[becci]

Celiac Disease
ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me. One is red, one is blue, the yellow suckers got my shoe. ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nyctexangal

nyctexangal

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:18 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of your pain!! :( I have had the EXACT same issues before, I'm a Celiac as well. Do you have sharp stabbing pains in your right side as well as the lower abdomen? I get these pains REALLY bad when I have a UTI that can go into the kidneys. SOOOO weird, but I don't have other symptoms of a UTI, just the feeling terrible and the pain in the abdomen and right side. When this happens, I take D-Mannose powder from my local health store and cranactin (gluten free). And after about 7-10 days, the infection goes away and the pain subsides. Those are just my experiences. Don't know if this what's happening with you, just wanted to throw that out there. But as A Celiac, we are susceptible to UTI's, so wild.

Hugs and healing to you!!
Daignosed Celiac -Feb 2010
Gluten Free
Dairy Free
Legume Free
Egg Free
Oil Free
Soy Free

#3 chasbari

chasbari

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

The small intestine, particularly the duodenum, exits the stomach on the right side and might be considered lower abdominal area. That is where they look for damage when they scope for damage to the villi. I know that before I was diagnosed I was very aware of pain on my lower right side. That being said, it could be something else but... I highly doubt that it is in your head. I put up with that nonsense from doctors for years. I always thought to myself that if this wasn't real pain then I didn't want to ever know what real pain was... guess I really knew all along. I hope you get some answers... real answers ... not just the answers that doctors think are all in their head!

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,684 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

Have you had a lower scope done? If not it might be a good idea to see a GI and perhaps have one done. I am assuming that you are not being glutened but are you having any GI symptoms? Have you seen your OB/GYN to make sure you don't have ovarian cysts? I sorry the doctors haven't been able to help you yet and hope it gets figured out soon.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 nyctexangal

nyctexangal

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

..hmmm..I don't think my other reply posted..I'm still learning this gig as new Celiac and member of this site. :lol:

I have had these exact same symptoms. Turns out the stabbing and pain in my right abdomen/side is a symptom of a UTI! It's the only symptom I get when I have this kind of infection. So weird. So I use gluten free D-Mannose and cranactin from my local health store. And within a week, the infection is gone.

Hugs to you! Don't know if this will help, but I hope you get to feeling better so soon!
Daignosed Celiac -Feb 2010
Gluten Free
Dairy Free
Legume Free
Egg Free
Oil Free
Soy Free

#6 Becci

Becci

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

Thanks to everyone. I have had ALL of those done. I am looking into the nervous system now.
[becci]

Celiac Disease
ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me. One is red, one is blue, the yellow suckers got my shoe. ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me.

#7 fakename

fakename

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

Thanks to everyone. I have had ALL of those done. I am looking into the nervous system now.

Hugs 2 you! hope you get better! (I feel bad too).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: