Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Jim Beam Bourbon

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I just wnted to make sure that Jim Beam Bourbon was safe to drink. I just need to use it for a salmon receipe. I did contact the company, but I didn't recieve a response yet. I just wanted to make sure before I use it. ;)

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

Hi everyone,

I just wnted to make sure that Jim Beam Bourbon was safe to drink. I just need to use it for a salmon receipe. I did contact the company, but I didn't recieve a response yet. I just wanted to make sure before I use it. ;)

Thanks!

It's distilled so it should be fine......but it did contain gluten at some point. I drink it with no problem.

Thanks Donald & Alanda!

After reading how it was made on their website I got a little worried. I don't eat or drink anything unless I'm absolutely sure it's gluten free.

Thanks again! :)

Thanks Donald & Alanda!

After reading how it was made on their website I got a little worried. I don't eat or drink anything unless I'm absolutely sure it's gluten free.

Thanks again! :)

There are lots of folks that do tolerate distilled gluten but some do not. I am one who doesn't. I couldn't drink it. If you really wanted to know whether you could handle it you could drink some daily for a week and watch for a reaction. I wouldn't do this unless you are really well healed though.

My bf was drinking Scotch and bourbon, and I got glutened from kissing him. I've had similar gluten reactions with Irish Cream, which is supposed to have the gluten distilled out. I don't chance it anymore.

Wow! Thanks Ravenwood glass & Wolicki!

I didn't realize I would have to worry about distilled liquor. I haven't had any yet, just a glass of wine. And I know I'm not healed all the way either so I will definitely stay away from it. It's not too hard, but I do love my wine. Do I have to check all the wine I drink too? Or is all wine gluten free? :huh:

Thanks you all for the warnings... This is depressing...

Ok, this might be controversial, but I had an issue with a Chardonnay a few months back. I can't remember now if it is Chilean or Argentinian wine, but they use some kind of wheat in the cork/cover. I think if you search this site you can find the info. That's the only issue I've ever had, and I do like me some wine too :D

Ok, this might be controversial, but I had an issue with a Chardonnay a few months back. I can't remember now if it is Chilean or Argentinian wine, but they use some kind of wheat in the cork/cover. I think if you search this site you can find the info. That's the only issue I've ever had, and I do like me some wine too :D

Actually, I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe, and he was making the wooden barrels they make wine in. They DO put a caulking in the rim that has wheat in the paste. At least that manufacturer does. Sorry, don't remember the name. I guess you just have to pick a wine brand you like and ask them how their barrels are made. Sucks, huh? Woodchuck is gluten-free! Halle frikkin lujah.

Thanks for the heads-up Wolicki & JNBunnie!

I can't believe it! I'm even more depressed. I really thought wine was like milk... one of the few things we didn't have to call on. I guess I'll have to start making my phone calls... I use wine a lot in my recipes. ;)

It's ok, just call your favorite wineries, and stick to those brands. I've found that most are ok :D