This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Peanut Butter

Eliza13

Eliza13 Contributor

Anyone know of any gluten-free peanut butters?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I use Kraft and Skippy.

Is Skippy peanut butter gluten-free?

Yes, all varieties of Skippy peanut butter, Roasted Honey Nut, and Reduced Fat peanut butter spread are gluten-free.

Open Original Shared Link

Kraft will clearly indicate gluten on the ingredient list.

celiac3270 Collaborator

The ones you would probably use are gluten-free: Skippy and Jif. Reese's pb is also gluten-free.

VydorScope Proficient

I only buy "natural" peanut butter (serveral brand carry them, but I get the store brand (Kroger), which has ONLY peanuts in it. I do not understand the need to dump all those additives in like the "normal" peanutbutter has.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

This is from this sites mainstream product list of peanut butters that are gluten-free:

Arrowhead - Adams natural

Erewhon

Featherweight

Jif - all brands

Meijer's - Creamy and Crunchy

Peter Pan

Planters - Creamy and Crunchy

Real Brand - Creamy and Crunchy

Reeses

S&W Nutradiet - no salt added

Skippy - Creamy, Crunchy, Super Crunchy, Roasted Honey Nut

Smuckers - Natural

Teddy's All Natural

Walnut Acres - all

mytummyhurts Contributor
I only buy "natural" peanut butter (serveral brand carry them, but I get the store brand (Kroger), which has ONLY peanuts in it. I do not understand the need to dump all those additives in like the "normal" peanutbutter has.

I also eat natural pb now. I use Adam's. The only ingredient is peanuts. I'm the same way, if I can find a natural substitute that tastes good and isn't too expensive then I will use that. There are already too many additives and crap in everything we eat that I prefer to avoid as much as possible. After the pb sits for a while it gets an oily surface on top, but you just mix it in and it's fine.

ianm Apprentice

I only buy Kroger natural peanut butter. Some of the "unnatural" kind are loaded with hydrogenated oils which are not good.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

I've never heard of a peanut butter that isn't gluten-free.

richard

Emme999 Enthusiast

Peanut Butter is so good for you :) :) :)

I just wanted to pass on a little info about it. I once went to a lecture by a woman who had written a fabulous health/dietary book (so fab that I can't actually remember what the book was :rolleyes: Sorry!) - anyway, she talked about peanut butter for a little while and suggested only buying Arrowhead Mills Valencia P/B because it doesn't contain aflatoxins (toxic mold that grows on peanuts here in America where they are grown in humid climates). She noted that everyone in Jimmy Carters family had cancer (caused by aflatoxins!) - so be careful about your peanuts! :)

For more info: Open Original Shared Link

- Michelle :wub:

p.s. This is the best tasting peanut butter I've ever had anyway! I've become a peanut butter snob and wont eat anything else :P

Carriefaith Enthusiast
anyway, she talked about peanut butter for a little while and suggested only buying Arrowhead Mills Valencia P/B because it doesn't contain aflatoxins (toxic mold that grows on peanuts here in America where they are grown in humid climates)

Wow...:o I didn't know that. I've never heard of that before.

tarnalberry Community Regular

Yeah, aflotoxin can be a problem if companies don't clean their peanuts, but they're all required to test for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Carriefaith Enthusiast

Kraft All Natural peanut butter now says lactose free and gluten free right on the label! :D

• 5 years later...
Cheryl-C Enthusiast

I buy the Kraft crunch peanut butter (the one with the red label) - is that one gluten-free as well?

kareng Grand Master

I buy the Kraft crunch peanut butter (the one with the red label) - is that one gluten-free as well?

You know this is a really old thread? Anyway, I haven't seen PB with gluten. Remember, as is stated here often: Kraft will list any source of gluten (not just wheat) on its labels.

Cheryl-C Enthusiast

You know this is a really old thread? Anyway, I haven't seen PB with gluten. Remember, as is stated here often: Kraft will list any source of gluten (not just wheat) on its labels.

I know it's an old thread, but I'm new to gluten-free living. This place is a wealth of information for those of us who are new and trying to figure out what's ok and what's not. Thanks!

kareng Grand Master

I know it's an old thread, but I'm new to gluten-free living. This place is a wealth of information for those of us who are new and trying to figure out what's ok and what's not. Thanks!

Just trying to warn you. Just because something had "gluten free" on it 5 years ago, doesn't mean it hasn't changed. The knowledge that Kraft lists all gluten containing ingredients clearly, helped me a lot at the grocery.

Archived