This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Resaurants In Kauai

mindaugas

mindaugas Rookie

Looking for advice, tips, etc on gluten-free restaurants or other places that are gluten-free friendly. Here's some that I have found, let me know you have eaten there before and how it was, thanks!

Most of these are from here, Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link (lots of mentions of this place, will definitely try)

Open Original Shared Link

Gluten-Free Kauai: (Open Original Shared Link)

* Sweet Marie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kenlove Rising Star

Roys and the new Merrimans should be ok as long as you let them know ahead of time your coming. Blossoming Lotus closed which was a loss for gluten-free dining there. Marriott will fix gluten-free

meals too. There is place on the 2nd floor overlooking the main intersection in Kapaa which was really good. Was there a few weeks ago and after I ordered a ceaser salad, asked all about the dressing and make sure it was ok. The waitress asked if that was it and I said yeah and she said

but you forgot to tell me no crutons! NOw thats on the ball so I was impressed. I live on the big isalnd but get to Kauai a few times a year on business usually staying at the ashton and only having whole eggs for breakfast. -- The culinary school's chef instructor Mark Oyama, 808-245-8359 can tell you about the schools public dinner and lunches and about his catering company.

If you only have eggs at plate lunch places -- makes sure they dont put shoyu/soy sauce on it and otherwise you should be ok.

Ken

Looking for advice, tips, etc on gluten-free restaurants or other places that are gluten-free friendly. Here's some that I have found, let me know you have eaten there before and how it was, thanks!

Most of these are from here, Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link (lots of mentions of this place, will definitely try)

Gluten-Free Kauai: (Open Original Shared Link)

* Sweet Marie's: This is a dedicated gluten-free bakery from a gourmet baker. Decadent desserts that I haven't had in years, I had here. It's reasonably priced and Marie herself really is a sweet person. She'll even tell you where to eat and shop gluten-free locally; [address] 4-788 Kuhio Highway, Kapaa [tel] 808-823-0227 [web] www.sweetmarieskauai.com

* Roy's Hawaiian Fusion: Absolutely wonderful. The first thing the server asked was "Does anyone have any food allergies?" Superb, but pricey; [address] 7 locations in Hawaii [web] www.roysrestaurant.com

* Smith's Tropical Paradise: This Luau is where I had the best dining experience in Hawaii. I emailed ahead to make sure they could accommodate gluten-free. Sure enough they did, and they had the kitchen prepare an extra plate of gluten-free food to supplement what was available at the buffet. They also arranged for a staff member to take me down the buffet line to show me what was safe for me to eat; [address] Inside Wailua Marina State Park, Kauai [tel] 808-821-6895 [web] www.smithskauai.com

• 9 months later...
brigala Explorer

Bumping this old thread... any new or updated info on gluten-free dining (or shopping) in Kauai? Our family is going there in April. We've got one gluten-free (me), one gluten-free/CF (younger son) and one allergic to pineapple! (older son). I feel so sorry for him not being able to eat pineapple in Hawaii...

kenlove Rising Star

Nothing new that I've heard about. School should be in session so if you call them you might be able to dine at the culinary school who should know about it -- Here in Kona its never a problem but you should call Mark at the number earlier in this thread to make sure. Make sure you visit the Saturday farmers market at the community college too. Should be unusual fruit to try!

Have fun!

Bumping this old thread... any new or updated info on gluten-free dining (or shopping) in Kauai? Our family is going there in April. We've got one gluten-free (me), one gluten-free/CF (younger son) and one allergic to pineapple! (older son). I feel so sorry for him not being able to eat pineapple in Hawaii...

Archived