4 replies to this topic

#1 beksmom

beksmom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

I have celiac spru, PLEASE HELP. After eating a quarter of a nestle crunch ice cream bar yesterday afternoon and am still having problems tonight form it. I am VERY bloated and my intestines hurt to the point that just touching my skin hurts. Is this normal and if so how long am i to be like this? I was informed it contains barley malt, MAJOR OOOOPS ! I'm still learning. Hopefully someone can give me some comfort.
Thank you

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Wolicki

Wolicki

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

It's different for everyone. I haven't had actual gluten, but have gotten cc. My cc gastro issues usually clear up in about 3 days, and the fatigue and fog linger for weeks.
Eat simply, drink lots of water and don't forget your probiotics. I hope it passes quickly.
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

#3 beksmom

beksmom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

What is cc? And was your abdomen severly tender?

#4 Wolicki

Wolicki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

sorry, cross contamination. It means that gluten somehow just came into contact with something I ate. Yes, a tender abdomen is a common reaction. The longer I go without gluten in my system, the worse the reaction is. Last time, I had major D, pain, heartburn, extreme fatigue, joint pain and some brain fog. Most of the major pain went away by day 3.
I've seen that several members recommend Pepto Bismol when you get glutened. I haven't tried it because Pepto has always made me barf :blink:
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

#5 Reba32

Reba32

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:57 AM

read ingredients labels on everything you plan to put in your mouth. Most mass produced candy unfortunately is going to have either wheat or barley in it. Or will be cross contaminated from being produced on the same machinery as something else with wheat or barley.

Your symptoms could last up to a week or more. If you have constipation with your symptoms, I wouldn't recommend Pepto or any other "pink stuff" because bismuth is a stool hardener. If you have diarrhea, it may help with that though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: