Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pizza Crust From Scratch

6 posts in this topic

I have tried most of the store bought pizza crust and while some taste great I cannot get over the expense. I keep a variety of gluten-free flours at my house so homemade crust make more sense. Ive tried a couple of recipes but they turned out tasting very gluten free.

Any recipes that work great?

Ads by Google:

This is the one that I use. I don't use the recommended flours though, I use my own blend. I don't like the taste of bean flours. The recipe is pretty forgiving, I've never had it turn out bad. I also double the recipe and back and freeze the crusts for later use.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Gluten-Free-Pizza-241924

We LOVE this one. My gluten hubby prefers it over all pizza restaurants' crusts. My son's best friend begs his mom to make it (they don't need a gluten-free diet, he just likes it!). I make my own "mixes" by mixing the dry ingredients (excluding sugar and yeast) and putting it in ziplock bags. It speeds up Friday pizza and a movie night. :D I also make my own sauce and then freeze it in containers with the correct portion needed for one pizze night.

INGREDIENTS:

1 Tbs dry yeast

1/2 tsp of sugar

2/3 cup of warm water

2/3 cups of brown rice flour

1/2 cup of tapioca flour

2 Tbs of dried milk powder

2 tsp of xanthan gum

1/2 tsp of salt

1 tsp of unflavored gelatin powder (we use Knox gelatin)

1/2 - 1 tsp of Italian seasoning (I use McCormick)

1 tsp of olive oil

1 tsp of apple cider vinegar

METHOD:

Pre-heat oven to 425F

Mix sugar, yeast, and warm water and set aside.

Combine dry ingredients in medium sized bowl.

When yeast mixture is frothy (takes about 5-10 minutes), add it and the apple cider vinegar and the olive oil to the dry ingredients. (I double the recipe, and for this part I use a 2 cup glass measuring cup to mix the sugar, water, and yeast, when the mixture has frothed up to the top of the glass I know it

We LOVE this one. My gluten hubby prefers it over all pizza restaurants' crusts. My son's best friend begs his mom to make it (they don't need a gluten-free diet, he just likes it!). I make my own "mixes" by mixing the dry ingredients (excluding sugar and yeast) and putting it in ziplock bags. It speeds up Friday pizza and a movie night. :D I also make my own sauce and then freeze it in containers with the correct portion needed for one pizze night.

I see you beat me to it Pizza Crust like you wouldn't believe

Do you use my recipe for the pizza sauce or some other one ? Best Homemade Pizza Sauce Ever

Thanks for the Thumbs Up!

Best Regards,

David

The sauce I use:

INGREDIENTS:

15 ounce can tomato sauce

6 ounce can tomato paste

1 tsp ground Oregano

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp ground paprika

1 tsp Italian seasoning or basil (we use Ital. seasoning, it