#1 daniknik

daniknik

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

Hi Folks!

I am trying to find a doctor who is knowledgeable about Celiac disease and other food intolerances. I live in Chicago and I know that there are several around...but, here's the kicker, I need someone who accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO Illinois insurance or I can't afford to see him/her.

I am open to ANY suggestions you might have because I have no idea how to find out this information otherwise.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help!

~Nik
Pre-Diagnosis: GERD, IBS, irregular menstruation, vitiligo, migraine, body pain, tingling in fingers, rhinitis, depression, night sweats, leg cramps, bruising, anemia, fatigue, mouth sores, hypoglycemia.
Positive IgG blood results for: Egg, Casein, Soy.
Positive EnteroLab IgA fecal results: anti-gliadin, anti-tissue Transglutaminase, anti-casein
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 8,6)
Post-Testing: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, legumes and nightshade veggies. May 2012 Dx Premature Ovarian Failure.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 foxfire

foxfire

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:18 AM

Hi, Nik,

Not sure what area of Chicago you reside, but my boyfriend saw Dr. Pallai at Elgin Gastroenterology after falling very ill. He ordered a scope done at Sherman Hospital, where he saw Dr. Joseph (also of Elgin Gastroenterology). He knew right away after seeing the scope that he was having food allergy problems (this was after a few weeks of ER doctors telling him he had GERD and a weak stomach). They are both extremely knowledgeable regarding food allergies, and he had a great (and quick!) experience being treated and now he has never felt better. Yes, bcbs hmo accepted! Highly recommended.

#3 Foxfire62

Foxfire62

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hi Folks!

I am trying to find a doctor who is knowledgeable about Celiac disease and other food intolerances. I live in Chicago and I know that there are several around...but, here's the kicker, I need someone who accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO Illinois insurance or I can't afford to see him/her.

I am open to ANY suggestions you might have because I have no idea how to find out this information otherwise.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help!

~Nik

#4 Foxfire62

Foxfire62

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:55 AM

Nik,

Dr. Semrad of University of Chicago specializes in it, but I highly recommend Dr. Mark DeMeo of Rush University because Dr. Semrad did not make an effort to diagnose my bacterial overgrowth, whereas, Dr. DeMeo told me of other complications and recommended ruling out other problems as well. I know this is a late response, but just in case you've yet to find a good answer or are not satisfied with whom you are dealing, I highly recommend him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: