This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weight Loss And Gliadin Level

Lynayah

Lynayah Enthusiast

Hi, Everyone:

I've been struggling with losing weight. I have also been struggling to get my gliadin level back to normal.

I'm wondering: Has anyone here found that once their gliadin level returned to normal, their body weight returned to normal as well?

Are there any articles about it?

Thank you for any information on this!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lynayah Enthusiast

I had someone call me and tell me that she couldn't lose weight until her gliadin went back to normal. True? False? I hope to learn more about this. Anyone?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Whitni Schmidt
    Newest Member
    Whitni Schmidt
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• gurgi
      I did wonder this, but can't find very much about it. I can just avoid gluten free bread that looks like it has powder on the top, but if it does that to my lips I am just worried if it's upsetting my tummy too.
    • plumbago
      Could it be something (some additive or other) they added to the rice flour to make it easier to work with or cook?
    • gurgi
      My lips actually have an allergic reaction.  Apparently it's rice flour ontop of the bread, but I don't have a problem with rice. I can't have gluten
    • plumbago
      @gurgi I would look at the ingredients and go through that list to see if an allergic reaction is possible. Regarding m and s soft rolls: I did a search on the ingredients of the gluten free version. It has added B vitamins (b2, b5, and b6). I also see that niacin (b3) was added. Sometimes when people take b3 or, really, too much of it, they get a flush. Again, go through the ingredients, try to figure out what constitutes that powder on the tops of the breads, and see if it could be causing a reaction.
    • knitty kitty
      @lydialoo, Tell me about your high dose Thiamine routine. What kind of Thiamine are you taking?  How much (mg) are you taking?  When do you take it? Are you taking a B Complex?   Are you taking Magnesium?