1 reply to this topic

#1 GFLindsey

GFLindsey

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

Recently, I have seen a ton of gluten-free products popping up on Aldi shelf.

First, Gorilla Munch and Panda Puffs have been sold at the two local Aldi locations for $2.79 a box! I was so happy when I saw them on shelves. I believe they will only be available a limited time but it is still exciting.

Second, I started noticing that Aldi started labeling some of there own products as gluten free recently. For instance, I have been buying hummus there for years - even pre-Celiac! Yesterday, the Grandessa roasted red pepper hummus had "Gluten Free" added to the label. Delicious! Also, the Baker's Corner marshmallows and the Lunchmate and Fit & Active deli meats are all labeled gluten free if they do not have gluten ingredients. The LunchMate mesquite turkey is fantastic -- and a little over $2.00 per package. :)

Also, I contacted a rep who confirmed with me that the Fit & Active Light Poppy Seed salad dressing and Fit & Active Honey Mustard salad dressing are gluten free as well. (They are not labeled gluten-free at this time).

Happy shopping!
Lindsey, age 23 *gluten free, caffeine free*

1.21.10 - Negative celiac panel
2.5.10 - DX with Celiac disease after positive biopsy.
2.17.10 - Tested positive for DQ2 and DQ8

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sunnybabi1986

sunnybabi1986

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

I'm super excited as well! We started buying the Envirokidz cereal there last week, for just $2.49 a box! It's $3.99 at local grocery stores and $4.99 at health food stores, so that's a killer deal at Aldi!

Also, I've been getting their Fit n Light (is that right?) yogurt covered raisins. I've read the ingredients so many times I almost have them memorized and can't find anything suspicious. We've been eating them for a few weeks now and I haven't gotten sick a bit, so I guess they're safe!

Woohoo for Aldi!
Gluten Free since October 2009

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" - Milton Berle

"Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it."--Lou Holtz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: