Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone In Champaign, Il Or Surrounding Areas?

8 posts in this topic

I just got diagnosed with Celiac Disease 3 weeks ago. I'm a 32 year old single woman and I'm wondering if there are any men around my age in the Champaign-Urbana area? I'd also like to know if there is a local support group.

Ads by Google:

Wish I'd joined this board weeks ago. I'm in East Peoria, but I move to Nebraska in a couple weeks. I tend to go dancing in Urbana, so I'm down there usually at least 2x a month. I'm not male, but I'm semi-nearby.

Well I did find out that there is a support group in the Champaign area, and I plan to go to one of their meetings tomorrow. I have another friend who is trying the gluten free diet because she has horrible rashes/blisters and limited income to see a doctor. She suspects that she has the skin type of celiac disease. Also found out a few people I know here in town are on the gluten-free diet. Neither were diagnosed with celiac disease, but have had positive results. However, I am not in touch with them at this time.

Well I did find out that there is a support group in the Champaign area, and I plan to go to one of their meetings tomorrow. I have another friend who is trying the gluten free diet because she has horrible rashes/blisters and limited income to see a doctor. She suspects that she has the skin type of celiac disease. Also found out a few people I know here in town are on the gluten-free diet. Neither were diagnosed with celiac disease, but have had positive results. However, I am not in touch with them at this time.

I'm new to the gluten-free world and heard from a friend that there was a support group in Champaign, IL but she didn't know when and where they meet. Could you give me that information?

Hi I am amember of the c-u support group. We meet the third Sunday of the maonth at Provena Hospital, at 3:00 P.M.. The meetings generally will last about two hours. We always have glutin free snacks. If you need more information you may e-mail me here and I will get back to you.

Woody

so is there anyone else around here? Or is it just me and my Celiac group?

so is there anyone else around here? Or is it just me and my Celiac group?

3 hours away in STL. But your the closest person I've seen post on this forum.

From NW Chicago myself, but I did go to college in Peoria :)