5 replies to this topic

#1 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

This is the response I got from 711 when I inquired about the gluten in Slurpees. It had my original message in the middle.

Unfortunately the list of ingredients on the website is all we have to go by at this point, but we are working on getting more detailed information. Stay tuned!

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:16 AM, <karenk2200@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Karen Gier submitted this message on Slurpee.com:

Why do some of the slurpees say they have gluten and some don't list ingreidients? Do they all contain gluten? What do you put in a slurpee that has gluten? The soda (like coke & Mt Dew) is gluten free.

Many of us with gluten problems are wondering.

--
Thanks and Keep on Slurpin!

Slurpee Nation Customer Care

When I looked on the website, some flavors like the new orange or Mt dew flavors listed ingredients and said that they contain gluten. The Coca Cola flavor lsited calories, etc but no ingredients or gluten info. It appears from this reply that 711 doesn't know what is in the Slurpees. Bummer, cause on a hot day I really like a Coke Slurpee.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 buffettbride

buffettbride

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

If it is any consolation, my super-senstive Celiac and gluten-intolerant husband both have slurpees often with no trouble.

#3 RideAllWays

RideAllWays

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

I just saw a post about the 'ChaCha' (?) phone number you can text and it tells you answers...anyways it said that 711 slurpees were gluten free. I'll try and find the post again to see the exact wording!

#4 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

I just saw a post about the 'ChaCha' (?) phone number you can text and it tells you answers...anyways it said that 711 slurpees were gluten free. I'll try and find the post again to see the exact wording!

I thought the Cha Cha was cool but wondered where they get the info and if its correct? That was why I looked on 711s website. On the website they said they listed gluten on some flavors. That's why I wrote them and apparently they don't know what is in the Slurpees. Still wonder where Cha Cha got the info. Not sure you should trust Cha Cha when we have conflicting info from the source (711)

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:10 AM

I can't guarantee this, but I'm betting the "gluten" 7-Eleven says some Slurpees contain is actually corn gluten from the high fructose corn syrup. Note that those same products say there's no detectable level of wheat, and the odds are very strong that they would not contain barley, rye, or oats.

richard

#6 runningcrazy

runningcrazy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

This is chachas website: http://www.chacha.com/
I think it is just people who have signed up to be answerers on the website. Most of the information I get from them is quoted from sources, and the slurpee one I got was I believe because they also gave me ingredients for the coca cola flavored one and watermelon
'You can't start building a better tomorrow if you wait until tomorrow to start building'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: