Smithk6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

Hi Everyone

I need to take a Multi, Vit D and Iron?

I am looking for gluten-free vitamins online and found some but they dont all carry everything. I wanted to try to order online or go to a store and get all 3 at one time (to make it easy each time I need to refill, you know)?

Any suggestions on a brand?

Exciting Note: Been gluten-free for a year but with some problems so I went to a Celiac Research Center in NYC. I had bloodwork drawn, a bone scan and have an endo scheduled for the end of the month (and meeting with the nutritionist at same time)SO I may have more information as to what to take then (digestive enzymes I wonder about as well as probiotics.....), but figured I would get vitamin brand recomendations from you guys all since you guys are the true experts.

Thanks again!
Kathleen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 conniebky

conniebky

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

Hi :)

I buy Sundown at my market. They state gluten free on the label and have taken them for nearly a month now with no reactions. And they're not expensive.
Be kind to each person that you meet, for everyone is fighting a great battle

#3 Smithk6

Smithk6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

Thanks Conniebky, I am on their website now taking a look
Kathleen

#4 Looking for answers

Looking for answers

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:27 AM

I spent thousands of dollars on vitamins (whole food supplement, "pharaceutical-grade supplements, etc). The only vitamin I've literally seen a change in my bloodwork from is Isotonix. It was recommeded by my homeopathic doctor due to my absorption issues. It comes in a powder form and you mix it with water and take it on an empty stomach. If you take it as they instruct, it's has the same makeup as blood plasma and is absorbed within 10 minutes. Of course, the whole product line is gluten free. I take the multi twice a day and the OPC-3 (i think it's called) twice per day. And the calcium every few days. You can get the multi with or without iron.

I take a liquid form of Vitamin D @ 4,000 IU per serving. I can't recall the name brand.

FYI, All the vitamins I take are a bit pricey, but seem worth every penny.

I check out all my vitamins (except for Isotonix) on consumerlab.com to ensure their purity and potency.
2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)
2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life
2009 Low T3 thyroid hormone, muscle twitching and adrenal fatigue
2006- Elevated Speckled ANA. GI suggested Celiac. Started gluten-free diet, but sloppily
2005 - Thought I had wheat "allergy." Stopped eating bread, oats problem too
College years - Still vegan -sickest point in life. Every classic celiac symptom
Teenage years - Stomach pain prompted veganism -> BIG mistake!
Child - Awful gas, D, C. Chronic infections, appendix and tonsils removed

#5 knittingmonkey

knittingmonkey

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

Hi Everyone

I need to take a Multi, Vit D and Iron?

I am looking for gluten-free vitamins online and found some but they dont all carry everything. I wanted to try to order online or go to a store and get all 3 at one time (to make it easy each time I need to refill, you know)?

Any suggestions on a brand?

Thanks again!

I like Now brand Daily Balance.

#6 minamoo

minamoo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:23 AM

I use the Vitasorb range from Biocare https://www.biocare.co.uk They are drops which you put under your tongue to ensure you absorb the vitamins, if your stomach and intestines are damaged from Gluten it sometimes can not absorb the vitamins from pills or even liquid. Using Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid made a big difference for me.

#7 Smithk6

Smithk6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:44 AM

This is all great feedback, thank you all.

I was concerned with taking a big old hard vitamin and if we celiacs actually "absorb" it.
Kathleen

#8 Smithk6

Smithk6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:57 AM

This is all great feedback, thank you all.

I was concerned with taking a big old hard vitamin and if we celiacs actually "absorb" it.
Kathleen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: