Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Question About Bowel Movements

5 posts in this topic

TMI, I know but I'm really wondering this... I don't have diarrhea every day like a lot of people here do, but when I do, the BM is greasy and floating.

My question... is "normal" diarrhea often like this, or is this a gluten specific thing? Just wondering if this is another sign for me.

Thanks and again sorry if it's TMI.

Ads by Google:

TMI, I know but I'm really wondering this... I don't have diarrhea every day like a lot of people here do, but when I do, the BM is greasy and floating.

My question... is "normal" diarrhea often like this, or is this a gluten specific thing? Just wondering if this is another sign for me.

Thanks and again sorry if it's TMI.

TMI warning as well!! I understand your question. I think that I have narrowed it down for myself when I am glutened my diarrhea is VERY Greasy, like fatty looking. It is the gluten passing that you can not process. It will also change in color to a yellow or green (lighten) basically, and sometime be acidic and burn. My sister and I have spoke about this, hers become greasy and lighten in color too! When I ingest something I am allergic to NON-GLUTEN (lemons, egg whites, etc) I get my system off, large stools in girth or very dark.

Hope that helps!

Sounds like fat malabsorbtion. I have the same problem... although whether it is definitely only triggered by gluten/wheat or another issue as well is to yet TBD. Theoretically, it could also indicate fructose issues, pancreatic problems, or a couple of other random things.

Glad to know that someone else doesn't have classic viral illness type "diarrhea". I always hate calling it that, cause it's different, but what else to say?

another poo question that is quite gross and forgive me for a better explanation..also TMI

sometimes when I have gas it's wet and when I go to wipe it's this gel-looking like stuff. it's cloudy in color.

sorry I don't have a better description of the stuff.

does anyone else know what I'm talking about? or why?

another poo question that is quite gross and forgive me for a better explanation..also TMI

sometimes when I have gas it's wet and when I go to wipe it's this gel-looking like stuff. it's cloudy in color.

sorry I don't have a better description of the stuff.

does anyone else know what I'm talking about? or why?

I have exactly the same thing, I believe it is mucus from the intestines being damaged and irritated, although I don't know that for sure. I have been gluten-free for a week, and am hoping this will GO AWAY! Anyone?