#1 debmidge

debmidge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:02 AM

Hi Reps:

Does Avon carry a gluten-free body lotion which has a low level of fragrance which my husband can use and not smell "girly?"

Thanks - Deb
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:27 AM

I emailed Avon and got a response on something else. Have you tried that? I don't think the reps have any idea of what is in the products. They might be able to suggest a few to ask corporate about.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

I forgot this before: I use Cerave - you get it at Walgreens, CVS, etc. When I emailed they said it was gluten-free and it has no fragrance. My hub's dermatologist recommended it. We get the thick cream but I think there is also a thinner version.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 debmidge

debmidge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

Well a couple of years ago I deliberately called Avon's 800 Cust Serv # and asked CSR about an Avon body lotion which I knew had oat in it and they said it was gluten-free. I am looking for some first-hand knowledge before I purchase the new Avon body lotion formula products.
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#5 Sara T

Sara T

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

Well a couple of years ago I deliberately called Avon's 800 Cust Serv # and asked CSR about an Avon body lotion which I knew had oat in it and they said it was gluten-free. I am looking for some first-hand knowledge before I purchase the new Avon body lotion formula products.

I'm an Avon rep, I got into Avon since they do have Gluten-Free products, but I did look up 2 products. Moisture Therapy in ACE Provitamin Complex body lotion and hand lotion, also Intensive Treatment in body lotion and hand lotion. These are available for campaigns 18, 19 & 20. These are the current campaigns, if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me and I will answer any questions for you. Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: