This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Waiting

missladyj

mushroom Proficient

Pancreatic supplements sound like enzymes to help you digest your food. This is what the pancreas normally produces, but gluten seems to suppress its function and many, many of us on the forum take these to aid our digestive systems until our pancreas resumes its normal function.

Good luck on Monday.

• 1 year later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missladyj Newbie

So where we last left our hero she had a lot of blood work done, which showed nothing significant. Fecal fat test (gross) which showed more fat than it was supposed to so the doc said you have a malabsorption disorder. Okay great now what. So then we did a colonoscopy which turned up nothing. An endoscopy which turned up nothing. Then we did the pill cam endoscopy which showed that I have "nonspecific ulcers" in my small bowel. Okay great now what. So then we did a blood test for Kron's disesase as well as Ulcerative Colitis. Negative on that. Official diagnosis: malabsorptive disorder, nonspecific ulcers, and chronic hemmoroids. I was given no course of treatment, just told not to use ib profen because that would aggravate the ulcers and told to come back if I had any other problems.

Considering the doctor had no bedside manner, offered no real reasons or treatment...I haven't been back. I still have some stomach issues some weeks are better than others. Some days I go to the bathroom frequently other days I'm constipated. Every few weeks or so I have what I believe to be a hemmoroid attack. Painful bowel movement, blood on tissue, and the like. Well today. I was brought to tears by the painful bowel movement. It's only getting worse each time I have an attack. I haven't had much luck with topical creams and decided to talk to the pharmacist. Who politely as she could suggested I should see a doctor. The logical side of me knows she's right but the doctor I went to was such an ass%$@# that I don't have a fondness for visiting any doctors. She also suggested that I might have an intolerance to something and that I should look into it...well lady I said my doctor says I don't and that it's impossible to have a false negative. She gave me a look.

I know I need to put my big girl panties on and go. It's not getting better. It's painful. It makes me cry. And dammit it's not normal and topical freaking creams aren't working. I'm going to call my gyno in the morning to see if she has someone she can recommend because I am not going back to the ass%$@# to talk about my painful ass%$@#.

I have no idea if this is celiac but I figured if anyone would understand the frustration of knowing somethings wrong and not being able to figure it out...y'all would.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Have you give the diet a good strict try yet?

EnviroChick Newbie

Sadly, I know how you feel. I posted on here recently about my situation, I didn't go overseas or anything, but I have the same problems!

My GI is useless, I've been tested for Celiacs twice and apparently "I'm fine". Had a sigmoidoscopy and still waiting for biopsy results but those will be negative for sure. I am anemic and I know I have other vitamin/mineral problems but my GP doesn't want to test me for them. Shes great eh!

I just started the gluten-free diet a week ago today, and it's kicking my butt. I'm still sick every day, tired as can be, and everything I eat wants out. So I started with my meds again today just so I can get through work and life!

I don't understand why your doctor put you on Flagyl for parasites, even tthough its obvious you're free of them. It just seems like a pointless thing that causes you suffereing.

I would like to add I've too noticed that my food comes out undigested, which is very weird to see. It has been better since the gluten free though.

With gluten free, when people say you have to eat whole-natural foods, they mean it. I eat rice, baked chicken, rice ceral (gluten free chex) and veggies/fruit. Thats it. No seasoning, nothing. Its extremely tough sincce you don't know for sure if all this pain is worth the trouble of eating gluten free, but when you have no other options and no where to turn for much help, it seems like the only thing left to do.

Hope you appt on monday goes good and hopeuflly the doctor will give you some guidance on what to do, and even if he doesn't, ASK HIM what you should be doing!! He is a doctor and they are educated to treat people, not sit there and ignore them!

Good luck!

missladyj Newbie

Have you give the diet a good strict try yet?

no I'm stubborn and wanted that positive diagnosis. I am nearly ready to say screw a diagnosis and just do it.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

no I'm stubborn and wanted that positive diagnosis. I am nearly ready to say screw a diagnosis and just do it.

If you are done with celiac testing there is nothing to lose by doing the diet but the pain.

Fairy Dancer Contributor

Try the gluten free diet.

I had a blood test taken by a dr recently, although it was by no means as comprehensive as yours lol, and that was normal. The only abnormal blood test I had was a mildly elevated cholesterol but not so elevated that it needs any treatment at this stage (other than maybe a healthier lifestyle lol). I never had any stool samples taken or a biopsy done though. Just the blood test.

All the same I have found that the fatigue, dizziness, gastrointestinal symptoms etc that I went to my dr about have improved some on a gluten free diet anyway (except when I ate some corn the other day lol). My system feels much cleaner in general without the wheat and grains and I have started losing weight again, which is great (as I am overweight) because my body was refusing to play ball and take the weight off prior to the gluten free diet.

It does not hurt to try it. Personally I have put myself on a whole foods diet and avoid both gluten and processed foods in general (except as the occasional treat if its a gluten free one). It works...

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived