Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Milky Way Candy Bar

16 posts in this topic

ok, so i got diagnosed with celiac disease and one of my favorite candygars is milky ways and i cant find anywhere where it says whether or not there gluten free!!??

Ads by Google:

ok, so i got diagnosed with celiac disease and one of my favorite candygars is milky ways and i cant find anywhere where it says whether or not there gluten free!!??

Regular Milky Ways are not gluten-free. They contain both wheat flour and malted barley.

http://www.milkywaybar.com/facts/faq.html#question03

Aren't dark chocolate milky ways gluten free? I thought so but have been too scared to try. The info should be available somewhere, though. I would avoid them though, personally.

Regular Snicker's are gluten free, I eat them with no problem. Not the same as a milky way, but...something, anyway.

Aren't dark chocolate milky ways gluten free? I thought so but have been too scared to try. The info should be available somewhere, though. I would avoid them though, personally.

Regular Snicker's are gluten free, I eat them with no problem. Not the same as a milky way, but...something, anyway.

Yes the dark milky ways are gluten free. I eat at least 2 a week.

So M&M's, Dark Milky Ways, Snickers and Butterfingers are good? That's a pretty nice selection. I'm sure there are more but these would tide me over nicely!! Especially M&M's. Yummm!! Though I'm still mad they changed the tan color to blue LOL

So M&M's, Dark Milky Ways, Snickers and Butterfingers are good? That's a pretty nice selection. I'm sure there are more but these would tide me over nicely!! Especially M&M's. Yummm!! Though I'm still mad they changed the tan color to blue LOL

I hated the tan ones as a child. Would pick them out and try to throw them away when my parents weren't looking. For some reason I thought they tasted less chocolatey than the dark brown ones. Those were my favorite. Although I was happy they got rid of them, I did not like the blue ones. I just think blue food is wrong.

I have a friend who claims she can taste the red coloring in foods and that it tastes bad. Ever since then I think I do notice a difference with some things. Not things like cherry candy, but in things where the candies are all different colors but the same flavor. Like M & Ms. I do notice a difference.

Two things:

1) If ANY of your candy bars have HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) put it back on the shelf.

2) Stick with all natural dark chocolate bars (high in anti-oxidants)

~Wheatfreedude~

is it only plain m&m's or can you eat the peanut butter ones as well? if so what about reese's pieces?

High Fructose Corn Syrup is fine in moderation....no one has to put their candy back on the shelf! I mean, you have impressive abs so I'm sure you don't eat candy but a lot of us don't look like that and tend to enjoy a snickers now and then....but you...you go on with your bad self and that rockin 100 pack! :P

I'm on the 'HFCS is bad' bandwagon as well. I don't think it's a good idea even in moderation.

I'm on the 'HFCS is bad' bandwagon as well. I don't think it's a good idea even in moderation.

Toss me on that wagon also.

I agree--I completely avoid it.

I'm with you! Daughter knows if it's in there, to put it back.

I agree--I completely avoid it.

Me too!

is it only plain m&m's or can you eat the peanut butter ones as well? if so what about reese's pieces?

Nope, don't go for the Reeses Pieces :( But peanut butter and peanut M&Ms are fine. Anything but the pretzel ( self explanatory :unsure: ) Reeses peanut butter cups are good, too. Hershey's plain and almond, regular size bars, too! (Guess you can tell which wagon I ride on :D )

Reese's Pieces are fine.