Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anger Rage

6 posts in this topic

I've seen this mentioned in a few posts and not clear on what people mean.

I mentioned it to my mom and she was like ohhh yeah you've definitely got that symptom. I don't know if thats her just being a tad bit cheeky or what...I mean I definitely get frustrated very easily over things that I shouldn't. My exbf once said "it's doesn't take much to piss you off and it doesn't take much to make you happy."

Ads by Google:

I've seen this mentioned in a few posts and not clear on what people mean.

I mentioned it to my mom and she was like ohhh yeah you've definitely got that symptom. I don't know if thats her just being a tad bit cheeky or what...I mean I definitely get frustrated very easily over things that I shouldn't. My exbf once said "it's doesn't take much to piss you off and it doesn't take much to make you happy."

See my post from yesterday called "lost my temper".......when I get glutened, I guess I have rage along with the other symptoms. Rage is a very big word, though, it's not "pissiness" or "bad mood"...I became enraged when gluten. When I first went gluten free, I was not fit to be around, very jumpy and irritable.

What kind of emotions are you having?

Oh yeah. When I was on gluten I was a very unpleasant and volatile person.

I'm a much more equitable person gluten-free. I would be irritable, anxious and only a few times felt earth shaking anger. People have told me that I used to have a look on my face that made people back away, that I looked angry even if I wasn't.

For me its like someone has been giving you a nipple-twister for several days, but gave you thorazine so you couldn't do anything about it, and all you're attempts just make it worse. And then it wears off and you're body has pent up all this anger and it has to get out somehow. I suggest shaking the heck out of trees or street signs if this happens to you, and hopefully nothing too valuable or breakable, as this can turn a bad day into an avalanche if its not faced and dealt with directly. Hammering on a good drumset works pretty good too.

I definitely feel less emotional/sad/angry the plainer I eat, less sugar, etc. Last time I had gluten (on purpose - I know, I'm ashamed) I felt TERRIBLE emotionally. I was shaky and was laying in bed with a massive anxiety attack. I don't know if it was just that I was mad at myself for cheating but it felt awful. It's experiences like that that make me 'cheat' less and less and less. Oddly, I didn't get any bowel symptoms but I sure felt like a mess for those few hours. Very much going in fifty directions at once. Mind racing, etc.