5 replies to this topic

#1 missladyj

missladyj

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:38 AM

I've seen this mentioned in a few posts and not clear on what people mean.

I mentioned it to my mom and she was like ohhh yeah you've definitely got that symptom. I don't know if thats her just being a tad bit cheeky or what...I mean I definitely get frustrated very easily over things that I shouldn't. My exbf once said "it's doesn't take much to piss you off and it doesn't take much to make you happy."

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 conniebky

conniebky

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

I've seen this mentioned in a few posts and not clear on what people mean.

I mentioned it to my mom and she was like ohhh yeah you've definitely got that symptom. I don't know if thats her just being a tad bit cheeky or what...I mean I definitely get frustrated very easily over things that I shouldn't. My exbf once said "it's doesn't take much to piss you off and it doesn't take much to make you happy."

See my post from yesterday called "lost my temper".......when I get glutened, I guess I have rage along with the other symptoms. Rage is a very big word, though, it's not "pissiness" or "bad mood"...I became enraged when gluten. When I first went gluten free, I was not fit to be around, very jumpy and irritable.

What kind of emotions are you having?
Be kind to each person that you meet, for everyone is fighting a great battle

#3 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:23 AM

Oh yeah. When I was on gluten I was a very unpleasant and volatile person.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

#4 Mari

Mari

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

I'm a much more equitable person gluten-free. I would be irritable, anxious and only a few times felt earth shaking anger. People have told me that I used to have a look on my face that made people back away, that I looked angry even if I wasn't.
DQ6/DQ8
HLA-DQ B allele 1 *0602: HLA-DQ B allele 2 *0302
Gluten free and Cow Dairy free since 2006

#5 charles76

charles76

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

For me its like someone has been giving you a nipple-twister for several days, but gave you thorazine so you couldn't do anything about it, and all you're attempts just make it worse. And then it wears off and you're body has pent up all this anger and it has to get out somehow. I suggest shaking the heck out of trees or street signs if this happens to you, and hopefully nothing too valuable or breakable, as this can turn a bad day into an avalanche if its not faced and dealt with directly. Hammering on a good drumset works pretty good too.

#6 Lily127

Lily127

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

I definitely feel less emotional/sad/angry the plainer I eat, less sugar, etc. Last time I had gluten (on purpose - I know, I'm ashamed) I felt TERRIBLE emotionally. I was shaky and was laying in bed with a massive anxiety attack. I don't know if it was just that I was mad at myself for cheating but it felt awful. It's experiences like that that make me 'cheat' less and less and less. Oddly, I didn't get any bowel symptoms but I sure felt like a mess for those few hours. Very much going in fifty directions at once. Mind racing, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: