11 replies to this topic

#1 piglips82

piglips82

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

I was wondering if Kraft Marshmallows are gluten free. My son got extremely hyper after eating them. He only does that when he has been glutened.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

Just went and looked at the bag I have. The first 3 ingredients are sugar, sugar and another sugar. Kraft lists at the end of the ingredients any gluten including barley. They have nothing listed. However, my half open pack is like full of gluten because the kids were making some mores with real Graham crackers. I'm sure they are full of little crumbs. This keeps me out of them :)

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

We've had no problems with our Kraft marshmallows . . . of course, they are s'more-crumb-free at our house :P
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

We've had no problems with our Kraft marshmallows . . . of course, they are s'more-crumb-free at our house :P

Janet - if mine were not crumb free, I would have eaten them. I think this will be my new diet strategy.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

I've eaten the mini ones many times with hot cocoa. :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#6 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Could it be the sugar hit that is responsible for the hyperactivity?
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 climbmtwhitney

climbmtwhitney

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

Another possibility.....it may be the artificial food dye. My son gets extremely hyper within a short while of consuming anything made with it. He's been artificial dye free for almost a year now. He was a completely different little boy from day 1 of being dye-free. He's 7 now.

Jillian
Jillian

I was dx Celiac 2008 + casein, soy, legume, & nightshade intolerant; dx hypothyroid 2006

14 yr. old daughter dx Celiac + plus casein & soy intolerant 2008
12 yr. old daughter dx gluten intolerant 2008
9 yr. old son dx Celiac 2008 + casein intolerant. DH Rash.

#8 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

Another possibility.....it may be the artificial food dye. My son gets extremely hyper within a short while of consuming anything made with it. He's been artificial dye free for almost a year now. He was a completely different little boy from day 1 of being dye-free. He's 7 now.

Jillian

Isn't it outrageous that they have toput blue dye in marshmallows?

The question would then be . . . Piglips ( :lol: like the screen name), does your son react to other foods with dye in a similar manner?
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#9 piglips82

piglips82

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

He doesn't eat much junkfood so I'm not sure. I think I'll try keeping a food journal to see if he reacts to anything else. Oh and my screenname is a childhood nickname! :o)

#10 ChesterPup

ChesterPup

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Acid reflux is one of my major issues with gluten... I consistently have acid reflux with Kraft marshmallows... Not sure what "modified cornstarch or natural & artificial flavoring" consists of...

#11 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

Acid reflux is one of my major issues with gluten... I consistently have acid reflux with Kraft marshmallows... Not sure what "modified cornstarch or natural & artificial flavoring" consists of...

Even tho this thread is over 3 years old, Kraft marshmallows are still gluten-free. Kraft has a good policy about listing items made from any gluten - not just the federally mandated wheat, but also barley ( can't imagine rye is in much but bread)

santa-dance.gif

#12 eers03

eers03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

Now I want a marshmallow and have none.  Thanks a lot, people!   :-)

Diagnosis 11/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: