1 can tuna

1 avocado

1/3 cup fresh (uncooked) salsa with onions and cilantro

1/2 tbsp lemon juice

2 corn tortillas

Directions

----------

1. Peel, seed, and mash the avocado.

2. Mix avocado, salsa, lemon juice, and tuna until well mixed.

3. Heat tortillas, and spoon half of the mixture into each, and eat like a squishy taco.

Ads by Google:

Brownies in the Raw

Ingredients

-----------

2 cups pitted dates

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa

1/2 cup walnut meal (plus more for coating)

1/4 cup honey (optional)

1/4 cup water (optional)

Directions

----------

1. In a food processor (Cuisinart), combine dates, cocoa, walnut meal, and honey and process until smooth, but very very thick. (Almost to the point that the food processor can't do anything, adding water only if ABSOLUTELY necessary.)

2. Measure out 1/8 cup (2 tablespoon) balls and roll in a pan of excess walnut meal to coat.

3. Lay on a plastic wrap lined cutting board and flatten a bit to make very small pancake shapes.

4. Store in a air-tight container in the fridge.

Spicy Flax Crackers

Ingredients

-----------

1 cup golden flax seeds

1 cup regular flax seeds

3 cups water

1/3 cup Braag's Amino Acids

1 tsp garlic salt

2 tsp chili powder

1 tablespoon fajita seasoning

Directions

----------

1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flax seeds, water, and Braag's. cover and let sit for 4 to 6 hours.

2. Add spices and mix to combine. The mixture should be thick and somewhat gelantinous.

3. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on dehydrator trays (with either Teflex sheets or saran wrap) and dry at 110F for 4-6 hours. Turn over, removing Teflex sheet or saran wrap, and dry for another 4-6 hours. (Alternatively, spread very thin on cookie sheets, and put in a oven on "warm" for 2-3 hours (check often, I haven't done it this way), turn over, and go for another 2-3 hours.)

Pumpkin Smoothie

Serves 1-2

Ingredients

-----------

1 cup soy milk

1/2 cup Silk Nog

1/2 cup pureed pumpkin

1 banana

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp vanilla (powdered is best)

1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tbsp honey (optional)

ice cubes to desired amount

Directions

----------

1. Place all ingredients except ice into a blender and thoroughly combine.

2. Add as much ice as needed to get up to 3-4 cups. Blend thoroughly.

Bean Soup

1 to 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 13 Bean Mix

1 box Imagine Chicken Broth

1 yellow onion, chopped

1/2 tsp ground sage

1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed

1/2 tsp thyme

1/4 tsp cumin

1/2 tsp salt

Put beans and broth in a tall pot.

Add onion, and spices.

Bring to a bare simmer, and cover partially.

Stir every half hour, and add water to cover beans by 1/2" if necessary.

After four hours, simmer down to desired consistency. Serve hot.

Cranberry-Pomegranate Relish

1 bag cranberries

2 cups pomegranate juice

1/2-1 cup sugar

Combine all ingredients (starting with a half cup of sugar) in a stainless steel pan

Simmer on the stove until the cranberries pop and the sauce is nearly the desired thickness, about 90 minutes.

Add sugar to taste at the end.

Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pumpkin

3 sweet potatoes

1 can pureed pumpkin

Cut sweet potatoes into small cubes and steam until tender.

Mash thoroughly, adding the can of pumpkin. Serve hot.

Salmon with Cayanne Pepper

2 lb red trout or salmon (don't substitute any other fish)

garlic salt

cayenne pepper

crushed red pepper flakes

chili powder

1 lemon

Pam a broiling pan if broiling, or preheat grill if grilling.

Lightly sprinkle with garlic salt, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and chili powder, using approximately 1/4 tsp a piece.

Broil or grill approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness, checking for doneness before removing from heat.

Squeeze lemon very generously over individual servings of fish before serving.

Wow, that's a lot of work! Thank you for the effort :D

Tiffany,

Some of those look absolutely delicious. I want to try the cucumber and yogurt salad! :)

Thank you for taking the time and putting in the effort to post those. B)

-Julie

Thanks so much! I will definately give some of those a try.

wow :P I was reading through some of the recipes and they look sooooooooooooo good! Are these all yours?

Thanks so much. I have an anorexic, celiac friend with my same food intolerances (gluten/dairy/soy) whom I will send some of these easy recipes. She never learned to cook and needs to learn to prepare lots of nutritious foods in order to gain weight and recover. So I really appreciate your posting these recipes. ;)

BURDEE

PS What can we substitute for soy flour in the Hearty Pumpkin Bread recipe??

burdee - on the substitution, pretty much anything. I'd go with something denser - certainly not rice or potato - but I don't know if more nut flour would be too dense... I'd probably start with nut flour, then bean, then just use more sorgum or quinoa.

Thanks, Tiffany. I'll try increasing the almond flour and maybe more of one of the others you mentioned in the recipe. :)

BURDEE

I tried the Marinated Grilled Vegetables recipe! I used broccoli instead of mushrooms though. It was very good! :D

I'm definately going to trying a few more :)

Thank you for the recipes I will be cooking up a storm this weekend. Looking forward to trying them all out. :rolleyes:

I swiped several for my folder of gluten-free recipes. If you keep this up, we will all be buying your cookbook soon!

Donna

Sun Dried Tomato Crackers

Ingredients

-----------

1/2 cup millet flour

1/2 cup quinoa flour

1/2 cup buckwheat flour

1 cup amaranth flour

1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes

1 tbsp italian seasoning

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp salt

water, as needed

garlic salt

*note - the important flours here are the buckwheat and the amaranth. if you don't have the others, you can sub other gluten-free flours, but don't go with ones that are too heavy. brown rice would be a good option.

Directions

----------

0. preheat oven to 300F.

1. dice the sun-dried tomatoes finely.

2. in a large bowl, combine flours and spices, and mix to combine.

3. add the tomatoes and about a quarter cup of water, stir to incorporate all the water.

4. continue mixing and adding water, a teaspoon at a time, until you have a ball of dough - it should be slightly sticky to the touch, but otherwise very solid and not stick to your hands

5. in batches, roll the dough into a thin sheet (1/8th inch or less), and cut into small pieces and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.

6. sprinkle garlic salt on crackers, then put in the oven for 15 minutes.

7. turn crackers over, sprinkle on more garlic salt (patting down to make it stick), and put back in the oven for 10 minutes.

8. eat one while hot, allow the rest to cool and store in a plastic bag.

Fast Shrimp Soup (takes about 1 minute prep time, 20 minutes to cook unattended, and 3 minutes on the end - I make this when I get home late from yoga and want something healthy, high in protein, and easy to make - and that provides leftovers for lunch that can be eaten cold if I want)

Ingredients

-----------

1 box Imagine brand Chicken Broth

1 1lb bag of frozen, precooked shrimp, whatever size you like (you could use raw too, if shelled)

1 bag frozen butternut squash or yams (~12 oz)

a sprinkle of cayanne pepper, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin

3 tbsp sweet rice flour

Directions

----------

1. Dump everything except the sweet rice flour into a pot and put the pot on medium low so it eventually comes to a simmer. Leave for 20 minutes.

2. In a glass, combine the sweet rice flour and a bit of water (around 1/3 cup), stir to combine and then mix into the pot.

3. Stir well, and let simmer for another 3 minutes.

4. Eat!

yummy yummy yummy! Thanks!

Can you bottle the dressings to keep like regular dressings? How long do they last?

yummy yummy yummy! Thanks!

Can you bottle the dressings to keep like regular dressings? How long do they last?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kept in the fridge, and covered, they'd probably last two or three weeks at the least, and a few months at the most. (Most of my dressings are rather heavy on the vinegar, which keeps things from growing. ;-) )

Creamy Butternut Soup

Ingredients

-----------

1 lb orange flesh sweet potatoes

1 lb butternut squash

1 lb carrots

4 cups water

2 cups "milk"

2 tbsp olive oil

2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp cinnamon

dash nutmeg

Directions

---------

(Hint: the first three ingredients are available in bags, peeled and ready to go, at Trader Joe's)

1. In a large pan, simmer the yams, squash, and carrots in the water for 45 minutes. (No attention on the pot needed.)

2. Add the other ingredients.

3. Using a stick blender, or jar blender in two batches, blend what's in the pot.

4. Serve hot or cold.

Green Salad with Non-Dairy Ranch Dressing

Serves 2

Ingredients

-----------

For the dressing:

1 1/2 cup raw cashews

1 cup water

1/8 cup lemon juice

1 tsp salt

1 tsp onion powder

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp dried dill

1 tsp italian seasonings

For the salad:

1 small head romain lettuce

12 red cherry tomatoes

12 yellow cherry tomatoes

1 small cucumber

1/3 red onion

Directions

----------

For the dressing:

1. Combine all ingredients except dill and italian herbs in a CuisinArt or blender and blend until creamy. (Will take several minutes.)

2. Add dill and italian herbs and blend briefly.

3. Move to a glass dish. Refrigerate, covered, for up to two weeks.

For the salad:

1. Wash the romain and cut it into small pieces.

2. Cut the tomatoes into quarters.

3. Cut the cucumber into thin strips 1/4" across or so.

4. Cut the red onion into thin strips.

5. Combine all ingredients, and drizzle on as much "ranch" dressing as desired.

Parsley Hummus

Ingredients

-----------

1 can garbanzo beans, drained

4 cloves garlic

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup tahini

1/4 cup olive oil

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup parsley

Directions

----------

1. Combine all ingredients except parsley in a CuisinArt or blender and blend until well mixed and approaching smooth.

2. Add parsley and blend until parlsley is chopped into small bits.

3. Serve. Or refrigerate, covered, for up to a week.