Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Are Olives Safe?

5 posts in this topic

Brand new to this world, trying to find my way. Are olives safe? I've seen conflicting reports about black vs green, discussions over the vinegar they're stored in, etc. Thanks for any guidance.

Ads by Google:

Olives are a tree fruit and are inherently gluten-free. They just are not on my radar. I have been on the gluten-free diet for ten years, and have never found an issue with ingredients in olives. The only vinegar to worry about is malt vinegar and I have never seen it as an ingredient in prepared olives.

Olives are at their best when immersed in a mixture of six parts gin and one part dry vermouth served ice cold.

Martini1-1.jpg

Olives are at their best when immersed in a mixture of six parts gin and one part dry vermouth served ice cold.

Martini1-1.jpg

I beg to differ. I believe olives are best if black and put on pizza or maybe served with a nice cheese and wine. :P

All of the above. Eat them any way you can get them, and as often as you can. Black, green, stuffed, unstuffed, machts nicht, just go for them. :lol:

My favorites are kalamata, in a feta based salad.

Olives are a tree fruit and are inherently gluten-free. They just are not on my radar. I have been on the gluten-free diet for ten years, and have never found an issue with ingredients in olives. The only vinegar to worry about is malt vinegar and I have never seen it as an ingredient in prepared olives.

Martini1-1.jpg

Great, now I can make my Chicken Proven