Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Symptoms Of Being Glutened

5 posts in this topic

O.K. - I have been gluten-free/DF for almost 3 weeks. Those three weeks were AMAZING - no pain, no fatigue, no brain fog, normal stomach issues, etc. I saw my PCP and she wants me to go off the gluten-free diet for 6 weeks to get an accurate diagnosis. I went off the diet (I hate using that word, its a lifestyle not a diet) three days ago, and I feel like crap. Here are some symptoms I am having - I would appreciate it if anyone can calm my fears and tell me this is normal.

-Major fatigue

-Headache

-Minor nausea

-Anxiety

-Diarrhea

-Gas

-Low Back Pain

-Low grade fever (99.5)

I don't think I can physically handle eating like this for the next 6 weeks. If anyone can help calm me, I would appreciate it -

Ads by Google:

O.K. - I have been gluten-free/DF for almost 3 weeks. Those three weeks were AMAZING - no pain, no fatigue, no brain fog, normal stomach issues, etc. I saw my PCP and she wants me to go off the gluten-free diet for 6 weeks to get an accurate diagnosis. I went off the diet (I hate using that word, its a lifestyle not a diet) three days ago, and I feel like crap. Here are some symptoms I am having - I would appreciate it if anyone can calm my fears and tell me this is normal.

-Major fatigue

-Headache

-Minor nausea

-Anxiety

-Diarrhea

-Gas

-Low Back Pain

-Low grade fever (99.5)

I don't think I can physically handle eating like this for the next 6 weeks. If anyone can help calm me, I would appreciate it -

Maybe she can give you something? I feel just awful for ya.....can you just eat a tiny bit of gluten? Wouldn't work for me, I'd still be sick, but geez...can she give you something to help some of the symptoms? You should ask her, six weeks, that's a long time.

Oh, I do feel for you. Having to go back on gluten after being gluten free is awful!!! I wonder if the doctors realize just what they are asking??

And how come they only want to test you AFTER you are gluten free, not before when you are complaining?? Okay, rhetorical question, sorry. But it makes me so mad. If the diagnosis is important to you, I guess you have to do it. But there's no way that I would do it. :P And no, I don't know of any way of making it feel better, to poison yourself.

These are definately signs and it is not good the doctor is having you do this. I'm not sure why or what they are trying to prove. I wouldn't eat gluten ever again if a doctor asked me too. You could do other testing. Gffriend

-Major fatigue

-Headache

-Minor nausea

-Anxiety

-Diarrhea

-Gas

-Low Back Pain

-Low grade fever (99.5)

Let you doctor know how sick you are with eating gluten. The best test is what you have just done, gone back to eating gluten with nasty results. Remember that lab tests and biopsy results can still be negative even if you are Celiac or intolerant. You do not need to suffer.