5 replies to this topic

#1 Coolclimates

Coolclimates

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

does anyone know if Revlon lipstick is gluten-free? It's the only lipstick that I use and I haven't felt better despite being on the gluten-free diet for over 5 weeks. I wonder if it could be something as simple as this that is causing me to not feel better?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Probably not gluten-free. A lot of lipsticks put wheat in them for silkiness or shine. Try to email and call the company.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 gflooser

gflooser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:19 AM

Probably not gluten-free. A lot of lipsticks put wheat in them for silkiness or shine. Try to email and call the company.

actually, revlon is the only lipstick i use! i always read the ingredients and revlon will disclose anything unsafe for us! but definately call to be sure!
gluten-free for 7 years pos. biopsy
98 pounds lost!!!!

#4 Coolclimates

Coolclimates

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

I've heard that Revlon gives vague info when asked if their products are gluten-free. So that makes me a bit suspicious. Does anyone know of any safe gluten-free lipstick? I would hate to think that the lipstick I wear is prolonging my problems...

#5 ciavyn

ciavyn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:29 AM

I've never had any issues (and according to my research found that they are gluten free) with Benefit's lip colors. Revlon has always been fine with me, specifically their colorstay lip sticks (the actual lipsticks, not the stains). I also use burt's bees lip shimmers -- the darker colors go on like lipstick, and I LOVE Palladio's herbal lip balms in their different shades. They are awesome.
Gluten free: Nov. 2009
Peanut and dairy free: Dec. 2009
Rediscovered dairy: March 2010 (in small quantities)
Peanuts added back: June 2010 (in small quantities)

#6 Coolclimates

Coolclimates

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for your suggestions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: