27 replies to this topic

#16 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

OK, my account is now setup, but I still can not post. I have no clue, what is going on. It says, I'm not signed in, when I clearly am. I will keep you guys posted on my progress.
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:26 AM

OK, I'm on now. I introduced myself. Lukas is going to his dad in 5 minutes and I'm trying to get started here. I will post my journey :lol:
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
Shermans Dale, PA

#18 babysteps

babysteps

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

I'm already a FlyLady convert, and my mother was a hoarder (also her twin still is, and my father's sister was)...

one small thing to add, for me a "to do" list just gets me depressed. Writing down a specific activity at a specific time on my calendar (paper or in my phone) seems to work for me! Not sure why an "appointment" works better, maybe something about doing just 1 thing at a time ;)

Small steps do make a difference! I was never all the way to hoarding, but I had my moments. Now my house is manageable, I have less stuff, and I spend minimum time keeping it that way.

Oh, two other thoughts: 1- if you bring something new (and non-consumable) into your house, let something else go to balance it out. For example, give away or toss an old pair of shoes when you buy a new pair. 2- Karen Kingston's "Clear your Clutter with Feng Shui" - helped me understand why I was so attached to stuff and gave concrete advice on how to let it go; the book title sounds a bit fringe but is actually very down to earth. Perhaps get it at the library so it doesn't add to your clutter :)

Good luck :) I figure we don't need to beat ourselves up too much about clutter, it's a new development for humans so we aren't designed to deal with it yet, we each have to learn for ourselves how to conquer the piles!
gluten-free (except unintentionally) from 7 Dec 2007
3 gluten-free cousins and counting (1 gold standard, 1 pos blood/no endo, 1 self/dietary diagnosed)
suspect mother was celiac (also, cousin suspects my mother's twin is celiac)

Feb 08 testing 'normal range' for gluten antibodies, IBD and food allergies
Staying off gluten - dietary reaction is compelling for me!

"Hi, I'm the gluten-free diner at your table."

#19 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

My house is still a mess but the rule I have is... Each time I get up, I think about the room I'm going to. What goes in that room? I then fill each hand with things that go to that room and I put them away. If there is nothing that goes there, I still pick up some things even if it means making a detour to another room. I also keep trash and recycle containers throughout the house.

#20 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:33 AM

Thanks to all for your help. I feel more motivated already. Feng Shui is one of my favorite subjects. I've probably read every book in our library already. The strange stuff is, in the past I could help other people with that, but never myself. But I just figured out a few days ago, why. It's not, because I don't like to clean. I like it and I will do it by myself. And it's not because I don't like Feng Shui. I like it. There's just so much clutter, that I can't do either one. So I think, once I've conquered my clutter, I should be fine :P .

I feel better already.
Have a great day, Stef
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#21 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:45 PM

OK, so today was my first day in the chat and I have to say, it was AWESOME!!! :blink:

I finally got things done... all day long!

Here's a list of what I accomplished without being so fatigued, that I could sleep on the spot:
Collecting and putting away paperwork for Lukas, clean out my pantry and give some glutenfoods to Travis, getting the stuff out that I need for a show on July 2nd, emptying all bags and backpacks and putting the things away that were inside them including the bags themselves, doing the sink in the small bathroom, taking a shower, doing the dishes and putting them away, shine my sink, putting my equipment away, doing some laundry and putting it away, collecting all the broken boards and throwing them out, putting the groceries away, putting the Asian trays into some useful spots, going through grocery ads and coupons, cooking dinner, giving two classes, calling my mother (she's coming tomorrow), calling Aunt Jeanette, calling two of my students, documenting the money I earned today, making a grocery list... I don't think, I forgot anything.

My kitchen and small bathroom are shining. Lukas's room is read up. I'm psyched, but have to go to sleep now. I'm so proud of what I accomplished. B)
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#22 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

Three classes, not two.
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#23 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

OK, so today was my first day in the chat and I have to say, it was AWESOME!!! :blink:

I finally got things done... all day long!

Here's a list of what I accomplished without being so fatigued, that I could sleep on the spot:
Collecting and putting away paperwork for Lukas, clean out my pantry and give some glutenfoods to Travis, getting the stuff out that I need for a show on July 2nd, emptying all bags and backpacks and putting the things away that were inside them including the bags themselves, doing the sink in the small bathroom, taking a shower, doing the dishes and putting them away, shine my sink, putting my equipment away, doing some laundry and putting it away, collecting all the broken boards and throwing them out, putting the groceries away, putting the Asian trays into some useful spots, going through grocery ads and coupons, cooking dinner, giving two classes, calling my mother (she's coming tomorrow), calling Aunt Jeanette, calling two of my students, documenting the money I earned today, making a grocery list... I don't think, I forgot anything.

My kitchen and small bathroom are shining. Lukas's room is read up. I'm psyched, but have to go to sleep now. I'm so proud of what I accomplished. B)

You should be proud, that was a lot to get done. Give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy the visit with your Mom.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#24 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

Thank you! My mom is here. She didn't complain, she just said: "So tomorrow I'll clean up here." lmao
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#25 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

This is SO my problem too. I just can't seem to get motivated. It has gotten much better since I got off the gluten. Now I at least have the energy to clean most days, I just don't WANT to do it. I'll be watching this thread to see how your progress goes Stef. I tried flylady a few years ago and it didn't work for me. I would spend more time reading the e-mails then I spent cleaning. But I was really sick then and I couldn't even DO most of the things she talked about doing. Now I'm much stronger and maybe I'll give it a try again if it works for you.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#26 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

My husband and I both tend to not throw things aren't. We aren't exactly hoarders, but we're not exactly sparse in our keepings either. One thing that's helped me - "outside of photographs, have I used it in two years?" If not, it gets thrown out. There are a couple exceptions we've made - golf clubs and the replacement stone tiles for our fireplace and replacement wood floor. That's about it. We still have a lot of crap, but at least it's crap we use!

Having Daphne helped me with the tidying front - tidying and laundry isn't so horrid since at least I don't have to bounce a baby on a ball! :P (I love her, but my arms and back get quite tired!)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#27 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

OK, so I have to tell you, that FlyLady is absolutely cool. It so worked for me... that's why I haven't been here in months :lol: . I have 7 rooms out of our 9 rooms tidy and moved furniture around, so it looks better. The only thing, that I am NOT agreeing with is, that she apparently seems to think, that every woman (or man, if he's the cleaning person) can always find the time to do SOMETHING. I'm going to another world championships in 2 weeks and I have to say, I'm so behind on my preparation and everything, because of all the cleaning, that I now start to neglect everything again. There's just no way to get everything done. I mean, I like FlyLady, but if she tells people, that you always can find the time or else you have the wrong attitude, that's just not true. She probably never had a high need toddler, 2 businesses, one job, was training for a major sporting event, training to pass her practical CDL, and doing her taxes all at the same time. And there's just no priority for anything, cause everything is important needs done like NOW. Anyways, other than that this website is pretty good. At least it helped me, when I needed it. I will definitely continue to use it, when I'm back from the worlds.

And just on Tuesday I had two new students come in and watch and they said, they would like to do it, but don't have enough money. I offered them bartering. The clean, and I give classes. At least until the end of October. We will meet up on Monday for the first time and discuss how we are doing it.

Thanks a thousand times to the "recommender" of that website. B)
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#28 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:17 AM

The only thing, that I am NOT agreeing with is, that she apparently seems to think, that every woman (or man, if he's the cleaning person) can always find the time to do SOMETHING.

I am with you on this. Time spent cleaning is time not spent sleeping or studying or exercising or .....

During the week I have ~2 hours at home and I spend it eating/drinking coffee, snuggling with the cats, and checking in here or doing online practice for the GRE.

Hard to clean when you're carting around both a furry friend and a cup of coffee.

Good for you for having so much going on in your life that shining your sink is secondary (or tertiary).
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: