27 replies to this topic

#1 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:10 AM

I'm not quite sure what to think of this new board!! It seems good, but we lost SOOOO much information in the switch. It seems so sad to have lost all that great info in the switch!! How does everybody else feel?
-Jessica :unsure:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jennwillard_*

Guest_jennwillard_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2003 - 08:22 AM

:blink: Hi Angel! I completely agree that I'm bummed about losing allll that great info from the other boards!! Hopefully this new system will get hopping with more info very soon. How long have you been diagnosed with celiac disease? For me it has been a little over 2 years & doing very very well - my docs are all so pleased with the positive changes in my weight & general health.
Jenn Willard

#3 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:01 AM

Today is my 1 year anniversary of getting my diagnosis, so just a year today. However, I have been sick FOREVER. When I was a baby I had colic, which I now wonder if it wasn't celiac disease. At age 3 was diagnosed with atopic dermatitis, which is a red flag for celiac disease. In high school had tests done and they said I had duodenitis, another red flag for celiac disease. Two years ago my immune system shut down, which is yet another red flag. Last year at this time they were about to take out my gall bladder!! We decided to do some scopes and he took biopsies and sent them to Mayo Clinic, and they diagnosed me with Celiac! WHEW what a year! I'm sooo glad to be feeling happy and healthy. I really don't think I have EVER felt this great.

Happy New Year!
-Jessica :D
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#4 kerriboo

kerriboo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 10:02 AM

:huh: i'm kind of bummed out with the loss of archived info too... hopefully people will start to add in some good info. it was a year for me in october and i'm feeling great!

happy new year!

kerriboo

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 11:31 AM

I apologize for the loss of information from the old boards. I too was depressed to discover from our programmers that there was no reasonable way for me to include this inforation in the new boards. Hopefully the board will fill up with excellent information quickly. I also hope that everyone enjoys the great new features that the board offers.
Take care,
-Scott Adams :)

#6 LindaB

LindaB

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:53 PM

:( I am devastated that all the information was lost. I have been on this diet for a year this month and did have my gallbladder out a year ago January. I am not feeling great yet and am still trying to find things I can eat without feeling bad. I guess my damage was more than some others. It is not that I am eating gluten, but other foods bother me now that didn't before so my diet is very limited and this year was a very stressful one for me with family problems too which didn't help anything. I still have trouble sitting up for long periods of time without being in pain for hours after that. I have had two endoscopies and on the last one woke up in the middle of it. I have changed doctors and my new doctor put me on some medication to stop the clenching which he thinks is caused by IBS. I also take Protonix for GERD. I know everyone is different, but I sure wish I could start eating more variety than just chicken, pork, fish and canned fruit and only soft vegetables and absolutely no dairy. I have not had anything really sweet in over a year and I don't think my body would know what to do with it.
Linda

#7 veggf

veggf

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 03:13 PM

I am disappointed as well, I agree that there will be a ton of good information lost.
Administrator, Is there anyway you can allow people to just read the information from the old boards once they are disabled? If not, when are old boards going to be destroyed? Thank you for your time.
Liz

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 04:19 PM

Again, we have, and still are, working with programmers to see if there is a way to import the old board data. If we can we will. For those who are devistated that the info is gone you can still access the data for one month at:
http://celiac.master...arch/msgbd.html
Please copy and paste any important data you need info a Word document, as this data will not be available after January 2004.
Take care,
Scott Adams
Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#9 Guest_ellcrys11_*

Guest_ellcrys11_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:33 PM

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue] :) I think I may like this board. Sometimes change is good.
Have a Happy New Year and a healthy one
Harriet

#10 seeking_wholeness

seeking_wholeness

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:41 PM

Wow.... Um.... This new board is really nice, but I have no idea how to use all the extra features! I guess I'll learn soon. Was there any advance notice given about changing the message board? I think I remember a poll being taken, but was a decision ever announced? Did I miss something? I'm not criticizing, just a bit bewildered! I sometimes find change difficult to cope with at first, although after I adjust I wonder how I ever survived without it.

Thank you, Scott, for the tip about retrieving information from the old site! That eases the disorienting feeling of being suddenly cast adrift.

May 2004 bring a renewed sense of community, hope, and inspiration to us all!

--Sarah
Sarah
gluten-free since November 1, 2003

#11 Lily

Lily

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:02 AM

I also am disappointed to find the old information gone. This board had the most information of anyplace I have been. Thanks to the site, it has helped me figure out what my problem was after 35 years. Thank you to all who helped me get there!

Lily

#12 Guest_LisaB_*

Guest_LisaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:04 AM

I love this new board, said that on another thread, but thought I would add my 2 cents here. I agree about the loss of information, but the old board was very difficult to use and clumsy. If there is anyway to save all that info though, that would be more than appreciated. I guess having a month to make copies of desired info is the same thing as having a months warning.

If the info can not be saved, is there any way to email all registered on the old boards and warn them. Some people only visit once every so often.

Lisa

#13 jenni

jenni

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 03:39 PM

I just discovered this board! It's nice to meet you all. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease two years ago. I am anxious to learn from all of you. I missed out on all the old info but I'm ready for all the new stuff. Jenni

#14 Guest_LisaB_*

Guest_LisaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 05:54 PM

jenni,

You can click on the link provided there to the old boards, there is so much good info there if you have just found this site that it would be worth poking around there.

Lisa

#15 SillyYakUK

SillyYakUK

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:50 AM

Was it made clear at the voting stage that all the precious information accumulated on here would be lost? I certainly hope there is a way of archiving all the old stuff, it was a lifeline for me in my early diagnosis and pre diagnosis days.
Good luck with this new board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: