YES SHE IS :huh: and needs NO competition....no, no, no.... <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh sweetie, there IS no competition.

I rule.

xxoo IH

Ads by Google:

Sweet Baby Ray's is SAFE!!

BBQ frenzy may commence!

And really, find some way to channel that energy (aside from verbose, wandering posts.)

Besides, I am the long poster on here and there's only room for one. B)

We'll see about that title. But you'll likely retain it, just 'cause I tend to be intermittent and, yaknow, I've been repressed and all. tongue.gif ("Now we see the violence inherent in the system" etc. etc.)

But [ahem] back to the topic. I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and verified the source of my confusion. When we were first checking them out, the Original sauce was labeled gluten-free. The Sweet 'n Spicy was not. I found this same discrepancy last night.

Even the fact that Ken's lists it as containing no gluten ingredients isn't IMO conclusive (of course I didn't know that when we first checked them out in the store anyway), since it might have been processed in a facility where cross-contamination might occur. We just ran into this with Progresso, which, to add to the confusion, declares allergens and, of course, doesn't declare them if they're by cross-contamination. I realize that my interpretations are perhaps contradictory and paranoid but just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're making things clear or that they're being consistent ('cause that they're definitely not).

As it turns out, last night I found Sweet 'n Spicy SBR's that was labeled gluten-free. And it looks like the gluten-free labels are newer. Must have just caught them in the phase-in. I gots pictures but no time to load them.

So, Sweet Baby Ray, I'm sorry for casting aspersions on your glutenless character. In penance I bought a big ol' bottle (of the Original). And I ate some today.

And they lived saucily ever after. Nom nom nom.

We have 500+ people on here this hour. They see a statement like "Kg's BBQ sauce is not gluten-free" They don't realize the person posting this is new to gluten-free or unreliable or angry at the company for some reason or stating an opinion or trolling for a fight.

We only have 5 rules. One of them is:

Any claims you make here should be based on legitimate sources, or be expressed as opinion, experience, or inquiry

KC Masterpiece is NOT gluten free. It contains Modified Food Starch which is a an ingredient that may contain gluten and the according to the FDA rules a company does not have to list that a gluten containing grain is included in modified food starch. The rule is: If it contains modified food starch and it is not tested and labeled gluten free it is assumed it contains gluten.

Others on here have emailed the company and they responded that:

1. There may be trace amounts of gluten in their sauce.

2. It is prepared on the same lines as gluten containing products they also make

KC Masterpiece is NOT gluten free. It contains Modified Food Starch which is a an ingredient that may contain gluten and the according to the FDA rules a company does not have to list that a gluten containing grain is included in modified food starch. The rule is: If it contains modified food starch and it is not tested and labeled gluten free it is assumed it contains gluten.

2. It is prepared on the same lines as gluten containing products they also make

And just where are your facts to say that KC Masterpiece is NOT gluten-free?

Modified food starch is safe. I'd use KC Masterpiece except that I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's. Just because it's not labeled gluten-free, you can't assume it contains gluten. Wheat, for instance, would have to be declared on the label.

"It contains Modified Food Starch which is a an ingredient that may contain gluten and the according to the FDA rules a company does not have to list that a gluten containing grain is included in modified food starch. The rule is: If it contains modified food starch and it is not tested and labeled gluten free it is assumed it contains gluten."

This is just completely wrong.

richard

Once again, a newbie has misunderstood the original letter from the company. The original letter says they will label all of the glutens if they are present. If the MFS had gluten, they would have labelled it. Also, this is a US product and products in other contries may have different ingredients or laws.

The current website that Sylvia linked to says that that is still the case:

"Do KC Masterpiece