Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone From The Kansas City Area

18 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if there was anyone from the Kansas City area on here. I am new with Celiac Disease. My 7 year old daughter has it, and I have no clue what I am doing!!

Thanks

Ads by Google:

I was just wondering if there was anyone from the Kansas City area on here. I am new with Celiac Disease. My 7 year old daughter has it, and I have no clue what I am doing!!

Thanks

Me! Me! Some would say I don't know what I'm doing though. I live in Johnson county, KS

Me! Me! Some would say I don't know what I'm doing though. I live in Johnson county, KS

I live in Johnson County Ks also!!!!! Did you just recently get diagnosed? Just curious as to why some people would say you didn't know what you were doing. LOL I am in that boat right now. I am still learning everything for my daughter. Where in Johnson county do you live?

I live in Johnson County Ks also!!!!! Did you just recently get diagnosed? Just curious as to why some people would say you didn't know what you were doing. LOL I am in that boat right now. I am still learning everything for my daughter. Where in Johnson county do you live?

I was being funny. Didn't work? I'll IM you.

I was being funny. Didn't work? I'll IM you.

Oh no. LOL I kinda figured, but I wasn't for sure. LOL I am new to this, so I will try and IM you back. Thanks!

I'm over in Blue Springs, just SouthEast of the big city and have had an allergy to Gluten all my life, but only found out about two years ago what I was trying to fight. I've learned alot in this time and so if you need anything, please don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Hi everyone! I live in Shawnee and am also newly diagnosed (3 months) and am dying to find some other people in my same situation! I'm struggling to find places to eat out, where the best places to do grocery shopping are, hidden gluten-free gems, and people to talk with in general! Do any of you go to a support group or what is the best way you've found to manage a gluten-free lifestyle?

Hi everyone! I live in Shawnee and am also newly diagnosed (3 months) and am dying to find some other people in my same situation! I'm struggling to find places to eat out, where the best places to do grocery shopping are, hidden gluten-free gems, and people to talk with in general! Do any of you go to a support group or what is the best way you've found to manage a gluten-free lifestyle?

If you have a Hy-Vee in your area, most of them have newly expanded their Health Market sections, complete with a Gluten-Free section. I live just a few miles north of downtown K.C., and the Hy-Vee I shop at is great. They carry a very full line of Bob's Red Mill gluten-free flours and mixes, Pamela's baking mixes, lots of cookies and breads (including Udi's, which is the best pre-made gluten-free bread you can get), crackers, pastas, soups and gravy mixes all gluten-free, and really a lot of stuff I wouldn't have time to list. Although the prices can get pretty high is you are purchasing too many pre-made items. Best to buy the flours and learn how to make your own. There are tons of other great gluten-free blogs (Gluten Free Goddess, Gluten Free Mommy, Gluten Free Cooking School...just a few of my faves) from where I've really learned to bake some great muffins, cakes, casseroles, etc. Even my husband will eat some of these things, and he thinks going gluten-free is a waste of time. :-) I don't have Celiac, but I do have a very sensitive digestive system (blood type AB, we are complicated) and found that switching to a gluten-free lifestyle really helped a lot...AND I lost weight.

Try (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) for purchasing Bob's Red Mill and other great gluten-free flours and mixes in bulk at discount prices...Amazon offers free shipping for orders over $25. I believe this how some of the serious bakers can really afford to do all the gluten-free treats and breads.

I would also be interested in a support/meet-up group. Has anyone tried searching the MeetUp groups? Or maybe put out a Craigslist ad to try and get one together on your side of the city.

Kansas City here too! Way out in the boonies in Platte County. (By Snow Creek)

My favorites are Whole Foods (the one on 91st and Metcalf seems more gluten-friendly) and Hyvee. Their new gluten-free section is amazing. Walmart brand stuff also will say "naturally gluten free" on it most of the time. So helpful!

Where do you go?

My favorites are Whole Foods (the one on 91st and Metcalf seems more gluten-friendly) and Hyvee. Their new gluten-free section is amazing. Walmart brand stuff also will say "naturally gluten free" on it most of the time. So helpful!

Where do you go?

I live by you! I usually go to the WF on 119 th just for bread. I go to Hy Vee on Stateline or 135 th & Antioch for most stuff. Target, Walmart & Hen House have a few things like pasta to grab while I'm there.

I just saw that Minsky's is doing gluten-free pizza but I haven't quizzed them yet on topping procedures.

Hi; I just joined the forum. I'm in Grandview!

I've been looking for people in the Kansas City area too! I'm in Prairie Village and wonder if there is any support group in town.

I'm jealous...I wanna move to Kansas City! :lol:

I've been looking for people in the Kansas City area too! I'm in Prairie Village and wonder if there is any support group in town.

There is but...I never go :ph34r:

http://www.csakansascity.org/

I'm jealous...I wanna move to Kansas City! :lol:

Come on! I'll help you find an apartment. Actually,, oldest son is going off to college....

Hi! :D I'm new to the forum. I live in Lees Summit!

I am not diagnosed with anything yet... But I am in the process of trying to get things figured out...

I am not diagnosed with anything yet... But I am in the process of trying to get things figured out...

Welcome, Lee's Summit!

Yes. welcome from STL, cross state neighbor.