This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Did You Eat Today?

sb2178

kareng Grand Master

Iced tea, gluten-free granola bar thingy

A few crunch master crackers

Slice of lunch meat turkey

Left over potatoes and corn cooked with olive oil

More iced tea

3 homemade gluten-free cookies, piece of grilled BBQ chicken, carrots, cuke, red pep with red pep hummus

Chips and 2 kinds of salsa

Strawberries

bards beer

Edit: 1 more gluten-free PB chip cookie and half glass white wine

Going to bed so I can't eat any more.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Juliebove Rising Star

Keep in mind that I don't have to avoid gluten. My daughter does. I am diabetic, have food allergies and other health issues. So I do have to watch what I eat.

Breakfast: Small bowl of cereal (dry) and some cubes of cheddar cheese.

Snack: Part of a bag of popcorn and part of an order of nachos from Target snack bar.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: Part of an Amy's pizza with added cheese and seasoning. Also raw baby carrots.

I will have a snack before bed. Most likely it will be apple slices with peanut butter.

I realize that my diet sounds light on the fruit and veggies. But I do have gastroparesis. That's delayed stomach emptying. So I have to be careful not to eat too much of this stuff (among other things) or it comes right back up. TMI. Sorry.

I would prefer to eat a vegetarian diet, but tend to go anemic if I don't. Because I am allergic to eggs, those are out. Have outgrown my dairy allergy so am allowed to eat it only twice a week for fear that the allergy could come back if I eat it too much. So I do eat meat a couple of times a week but also rely on beans and nuts for most of my protein.

Hummingbird4 Explorer

Today I ate:

Breakfast: Scrambled egg, Ore-Ida hash browns, 2 slices Oscar Meyer Center Cut bacon

Lunch: Trader Joe's rice pasta mac & cheese with tuna, strawberry rhubarb crisp with vanilla ice cream

Dinner: Grilled steak with A-1 Steak Sauce, boiled baby potatoes with olive oil and salt, grilled asparagus, red wine, more strawberry crisp for dessert

Kind of a HIGH CALORIE day, but it was Father's Day so I did a lot of cooking for my husband.

Skylark Collaborator

Yesterday

Breakfast: coffee, huevos rancheros with corn tortillas

Lunch: Three-bean salad and some chopped liver from the local deli I bought the other night, corn chips

Dinner: Burger with carmelized onions, rice, steamed broccoli, handful of radishes

Today:

Weekend laziness set in so I didn't eat a proper breakfast. Just coffee

Brunch: Leftover burger on a Glutino bagel with relish and ketchup, an orange

Dinner: Went to BJ's to try the new gluten-free pizza. It's wonderful!!!

Now nibbling on a handful of corn chips because I need to take vitamins and they don't sit well on an empty stomach.

VioletBlue Contributor

Brunch - Coffee, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs with Safeway Jalapeno and Cheddar sausage.

Dinner - Pesto marinaded BBQ grilled shrimp in soft tacos with chopped lettuce, guacumole and sharp cheddar cheese. Fresh strawberries and yogurt for desert.

sb2178 Enthusiast

Brunch: garlic-encrusted baked polenta with poached egg, sauteed kale

And that would be my dinner tonight... although the precise method of garlic encrusting may turn into just garlicky.

Fun! Thanks all- definitely interesting and I've gotten some good ideas.

jerseyangel Proficient

Skin prick tests only exclude IgE mediated food allergies or skin sensitivity allergies. They can't diagnose IgG or IgA delayed reaction allergies. For those allergies, blood tests are more effective.

I've also noticed hypoglycemic reactions to eating high sugar or high carb foods, unless I balance those in a meal with low glycemic fats, proteins and low carb, high fiber foods. I can eat grains, but I eat small amounts with vegies and protein. You'll notice from my 'menu' that I add almond butter, hazelnut milk, and chopped pear to my Bob's Red Mill 'Mighty Tasty' hot cereal. Without those additions, I'd be hungry an hour after my meal. With those additions, which lower the total glycemic index of my meal, I can go 4 hours without feel hungry after that bowl of hot cereal.

SUE

The allergist/immunologist I went to wouldn't do the blood testing for delayed food allergy because he said that once we eat a food, we develop antibodies to it. His opinion was that they yield a lot of false positives, and people end up doing an elimination diet anyway. He suggested that I do an elimination diet, which I did.

I found that I was sensitive to several foods, stayed off of them completely for at least 2 years, and can now tolerate one of them--the rest, no and probably never.

I take care to get some protein with every meal/snack--the addition back of the higher rice based carbs seem to, for me, cause the hypoclycemic symptoms regardless. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

munchkinette Collaborator

I'm on the Paleo Diet right now, but I'm still eating a little bit of rice before I run. This is actually a lot more than I usually eat, but I got glutened last week. Luckily I've been able to manage my post-glutening binging to not eat muffins and chocolate. :)

Breakfast:

-Brown sticky rice (pre run)

-Leftover chicken

-Apricots

Lunch:

-Vegie stirfry with Thai red curry + shrimp

-cherries

-nectarine

Snack:

-Lara bar

-nectarine

Dinner:

-The rest of the vegie stirfry

-Turkey & herb burger patties

-Roasted garlic

-Cherries

-Apricots

-Red wine

Monklady123 Collaborator

This is a great thread! I've written down lots of great ideas. :)

lynnelise Apprentice

Yesterday:

Breakfast- smoothie with yogurt, 1%milk, blueberries, strawberries, and vanilla whey protein powder.

Lunch- Whopper Jr. w/ cheese (no bun) and apple fries (no caramel), water

Snack- Grande Cappuccino w/ 2% milk and sweet n' low

Dinner- Gluten Free and Fabulous Cheese Pizza (we ordered pizza for our True Blood get together and I didn't want to be left out!)

Dessert- Homemade peach maple walnut ice cream

Today:

Breakfast-Fage 2%, blackberries, unsalted cashews

Plan to have:

Lunch- tuna, cottage cheese, brussel sprouts, carrots

Snack- blueberries and cheese stick

Dinner- steak, corn, maybe a potato, watermelon

Dessert- homemade raspberry white chocolate ice cream

Ahorsesoul Enthusiast

Breakfast: Sunrise Mesa cereal and milk

Lunch: Watermelon Salad (watermelon, feta cheese, onion, mint leaves and lemon juice-excellent!)

Dinner will be leftovers from yesterday.

Shannonlass Apprentice

Breakfast: Boiled egg and few spoons of left over chicken/chickpea curry

Snack: Gluten free Kind bar & tea

Lunch: Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, Laughing Cow cheese, low fat natural yogurt, banana, water

Snack: Grapes, Curly Wurly bar & tea, mandarin

Dinner: Barakat gluten-free pasta with Sacla pesto (muschrooms, onion & bacon lardons)

Snack: Tea & 1 Twirl finger

I'm gluten-free about 4 months. I'm constantly hungry hence all the snacks :(

Becksabec Apprentice

Breakfast: Coffee with soy milk creamer, scrambled egg

Lunch: Amy's Kitchen Spicy Chilli with corn tortillas

Dinner: I'm planning on making some gluten-free pasta with broccoli, olives, salami and olive oil

Fey Rookie

Breakfast: sliced mangoes. banana and strawberry juice (blended, not store bought). rice crackers. fruit bar. gluten-free deviled eggs (might've been a mistake, ow).

Lunch: Lentil soup with dinner leftovers.

Dinner: Think I'm making stir fry (minus the sauce... not making that mistake again. maybe I'll get some gluten-free Kraft sauce)

My feet hurt cause I spent all my day off (yesterday) cooking. :\ I bought a multi-tiered vaccum bottle/bento box for work so one packed lunch can last me 2 days at work in one convenient container.

WheatChef Apprentice

yesterday:

Bacon and eggs

Beets and black quinoa salad

Deli turkey

Coconut kefir

Smoked pork spare ribs

Grilled corn and Smoked stuffed cabbage

gluten-free brownies

Peaches and pears (stone fruit season!!!)

Bobbijo6681 Apprentice

Well since yesterday was much more exciting than today has been so far, I will start with that:

Breakfast: Sausage links, and gluten-free Katz bread made into French Toast (first experience with gluten-free bread and LOVED IT)

Snack: apple slices with caramel to dip

Lunch: skipped because of a late breakfast and knew that a big dinner was coming up

Dinner: steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad!! SUPER YUMMY!

Bedtime Snack: Tahitian Vanilla Bean Gelato...Also SUPER YUMMY!

Today:

Breakfast: yogurt with Udi's gluten-free granola

Lunch: left over brat and safe French Fries

Dinner:??? either grilling out turkey tenderloins with roased potoatoes if the rain holds out, or heating up some previously frozen spaghetti sauce with Rice pasta. This is the first time I am trying rice pasta, so far I have only tried corn pasta which I LOVE!!

Snack: either more gelato (who doesn't love that stuff) or I may have some nut thins with some AE chip dip.

i-geek Rookie

Today is a much more typical day:

Breakfast: one egg fried in butter, a generous spoonful of leftover baked beans, sliced fresh strawberries, coffee

Lunch: Leftover grilled chicken and quinoa salad, banana, water

Snack: Fage full-fat yogurt with sidecar of strawberry jam, fresh peach

Dinner will likely be leftover ribs and maybe a green salad after a handful of chips and salsa. Possibly to be followed up with a little dish of peach crisp or a piece of chocolate.

Archived