1 reply to this topic

#1 LDJofDenver

LDJofDenver

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:18 AM

Any singers out there? Has anyone used SIngers Saving Grace spray for dry, irritated throat? Or, another one I found (for speakers, singers, etc.) is called Entertainers Secret? While both list ingredients, they have "natural" items that are vague.

Trying to avoid numbing products like Chloraseptic, which don't really address dry throat anyway (made for sore throat).
Tried Biotene, which you don't swallow, and is good for dry mouth, but it doesn't address the irritated/dry throat and vocal chords from singing.

Appreciate info if anyone's had good results with any above and are assured they are gluten free.
Diagnosed 8-8-08 (I think I'll remember that date!)
Positive blood panel
Endoscopy a little later on confirmed, via Small Intestine Biopsy
Adult son diagnosed Celiac in his late 20s
Suspect my Mother undiagnosed Celiac

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 chasbari

chasbari

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

Never tried either one. I know I was using Biotene back before my diagnosis and with my Sjogren's staying hydrated for singing was always an issue. I was recording a number of arias today in a very hot setting and finally was defeated by dehydration. Strange since having gone gluten-free and paleo have had virtually no problems with vocal endurance due to vocal folds drying out even though I drink much less water now. I hit the proverbial wall today, though, and it wasn't until after I fed the voice and got out of the ridiculous heat that I get my legs back under me. I know I used to also rely on Guifeneisin in prescription strength at times but (before I knew why) my DX for celiac it would end up making things much, much worse.. it was a trick I learned from another singer but I always paid a brutal price for taking it as it would make my RA unbearable so I learned to use rest and hydration and stay away from any meds if at all possible. Oh, another remedy that some of my friends would use was slippery elm. Never did much for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: