This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chili's Chicken And Green Chile Soup?

HeartofGlass224

HeartofGlass224 Rookie

Hello!

Today we went to Chili's for lunch after two of my kids graduted (one from Pre-k, the other from 5th grade). First, I noticed that their allery menus must be updated monthly, which is great!!! I also noticed a new soup, Chicken and Green Chile Soup, and had to try it. I miss soup immensely...I used to eat soup for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack! What a delicious treat this soup was! It had a clear broth, big chunks of chicken, what seemed to be pico de gallo mixed in, with some chunks of avacado in the center of the bowl. Ahhhh, it was heavenly! :D So as soon as I got home, I went crazy trying to look up a copycat recipe. Sadly, I didn't find one. :( The only chicken and green chile soup recipes I found were cream-based, or with cheese, which the one from Chili's was not. Might anyone have tried this soup and have a recipe for it? Or maybe someone has a way to find it? I'm already going crazy craving it!!!

One other thing about Chili's - we have never had a problem when ordering gluten-free, and we have a favorite waitress who always makes sure she double-checks the allergy menu to make sure she puts the order in correctly. Today, my two children who are also Celiac sufferers were with us for the first time (they have been mad that we ate lunch there once a week without them hehehe), and our waitress again double-checked, but she was very busy and didn't remind them that we were gluten-free, even though she informed them as soon as she got our drinks and wrote it down when our order went in. My daughter's meal was fine, but I had garlic bread touching both my mounds of potatoes, and my son had gravy on his mashed potatoes. There was also a mix-up with my steak and my mother's steak as far as how we wanted it done (we later realized they must have given us the wrong sides, hence the bread on my plate) and my father's burger was missing bacon. Our waitress was VERY upset that they screwed up so badly and that we could have gotten sick, especially since she let the kitchen staff know and wrote it down. She and the manager went right to work fixing the issues, and were both very apologetic. The manager took the three meals that were totally wrong off the bill, and when he heard my husband tell the waitress that we'd be in for lunch next Tuesday for our anniversary (I'm conquering my fear of heights and trying to walk the Poughkeepsie Railroad Bridge - the highest pedestrian walkway in the world, then lunch, all with my husband and kids), offered us all free desert and promised to take very good care of us because of the mistakes. Totally unnecessary, but still, very nice! I can't say enough about that restaurant....not sure if all Chili's are as attentive about food allergies, but the one in Poughkeepsie, NY is amazing!

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I have not had that soup, but it sounds really good! I did a quick search and found this: Open Original Shared Link

Does that sound like what you had?

HeartofGlass224 Rookie

I have not had that soup, but it sounds really good! I did a quick search and found this: Open Original Shared Link

Does that sound like what you had?

That is almost exactly it!!!! The only difference was that the chicken was in very thin strips rather than shredded. I could not find this recipe anywhere I look! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! I'm going to make some tomorrow, just seeing the pics made my mouth water like crazy!

buffettbride Enthusiast

we've had good luck with chili's, too. when there have been errors, they have always been fixed and compensated.

kareng Grand Master

That is almost exactly it!!!! The only difference was that the chicken was in very thin strips rather than shredded. I could not find this recipe anywhere I look! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! I'm going to make some tomorrow, just seeing the pics made my mouth water like crazy!

Post and let us know how it came out!

Neal77 Newbie

I would have thought the corn chips would be gluten free but our waitress checked with the cook and they said only what was on the menu is gluten free and that wasn't on the menu.

mbrookes Community Regular

I would have thought the corn chips would be gluten free but our waitress checked with the cook and they said only what was on the menu is gluten free and that wasn't on the menu.

Did they check the ingredients on the package? Most corn chips are gluten-free, so maybe it was just accidently left off the menu.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived