This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Brothers All-Natural Products

RDR

RDR Apprentice

Hi, all!

Just wanted to tell you about a company I just realized I never mentioned here. I just received an email from Brothers All-Natural (a company I've been buying from for a while) and they have a new product coming. First off, I frequently buy Brothers Apple Fruit Crisps (I also used to buy the strawberry prior to realizing I had a strawberry allergy) and their potato crisps. Now it seems while my back was turned they seem to have released a series of fruit and oats cereals :D. So fat they have mixed-berry and strawberry-banana (neither of which I cam try due to my strawberry allergy unfortunately :() and they just announced next up is Apple-Raspberry :D (which I'm dying to try!). They're listed as Peanut/Tree Nut Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free, non GMO, Vegan, and Kosher (as I believe are all their other products). They can be found on their homepage Open Original Shared Link. I'm in no way related to the site in any way just a fan of their snacks :D.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missy'smom Collaborator

At least in the U.S., mainstream oats have been well proven to be cross-contaminated with wheat and therefore unsuitable for Celiacs and wheat allergc folks. We have to buy specially grown and processed oats, certified gluten-free. Any oats in a product are unlikely to be certified gluten-free oats due to the expensive of the ingredient. There seems to be many manufacturers who don't understand this and label their products gluten-free so we have to watch out-I've seen this problem with supplements.

Sorry, to be the bearer of bad news

on a positive note, we're fans of the fruit crisps,

didn't care for the potato crisps.

StephanieGF Rookie

Just as an FYI, my son liked the fruit crisps from costco but after realizing they are made in china, we stopped buying them. I am personally uncomfortable with food made in china due to quality control issues. I don't know if Brothers other products are made in china also?

RDR Apprentice

At least in the U.S., mainstream oats have been well proven to be cross-contaminated with wheat and therefore unsuitable for Celiacs and wheat allergc folks. We have to buy specially grown and processed oats, certified gluten-free. Any oats in a product are unlikely to be certified gluten-free oats due to the expensive of the ingredient. There seems to be many manufacturers who don't understand this and label their products gluten-free so we have to watch out-I've seen this problem with supplements.

Sorry, to be the bearer of bad news

on a positive note, we're fans of the fruit crisps,

didn't care for the potato crisps.

Brothers uses Steel-cut Australian Oats. None of the products in their facility contain gluten of any kind so there's no chance of cross-contamination on that front.

Also, the only ingredient in the fruit crisp package I have in my hand is 100% freeze-dried apples. The company doesn't use Sulfites or Sulfates, as Chinese companies tend to do. There's no mention of China on their packaging.

Brothers also has a concession at Disney, which makes them more than just a fly-by-night company to deal with. Their products are also certified Kosher.

I love the Black Pepper potato crisps but not the standard flavour and the Apple Crisps are heavenly :D.

CeliacMom2008 Enthusiast

Their factory doesn't have to have wheat in it for the oats to be contaminated. Oats can become contaminated in the field, in the truck during transport, or in the plant that processes the oats (long before Brothers ever gets a hold of them). Those with Celiac should only eat oats that are certified gluten free. Nowhere on Brother's website do they say their oats are gluten free.

We love the fruit crisps though!

Archived