This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free Chicken Or Veggie Broth/cubes Canada

kaiess

kaiess Contributor

I really want to make cream of broccoli soup but need to find a gluten-free chicken broth or the bouillon cubes. Are there any common brands out there that are actually gluten-free?? I've called Campbell's and their broths are not gluten-free. If not what are some brands of broths or cubes sold as gluten-free that I could find in the health food store maybe.

Thanks,

Kathy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

psawyer Proficient

Knorr makes bouillon in several forms. They will clearly disclose any gluten source in the ingredient list. Their brands include Bovril. If I recall correctly, the Bovril powdered beef and chicken are both gluten-free, but the cubes are not (gluten is what binds the cubes together). We use Bovril beef powder regularly, but I don't have a package of chicken in the house to check the ingredients.

kaiess Contributor

Thanks Paul. I looked on the KNORR website and I see OXO listed. Do you know off hand if those OXO packets are gluten-free?

Also, when I looked at all the ready to serve Tetra packs of any manufacturers Chicken Broth they all looked fine to me. But when I called, none of them are gluten-free. What is in them that is making them glutened? Just curious.

Kathy

Skylark Collaborator

Is Herb-Ox brand available in Canada? Their beef, chicken, vegetable, and garlic chicken granules and cubes are gluten-free. I use the Herb-Ox chicken cubes all the time.

Open Original Shared Link

falleneight Newbie

Thanks Paul. I looked on the KNORR website and I see OXO listed. Do you know off hand if those OXO packets are gluten-free?

Also, when I looked at all the ready to serve Tetra packs of any manufacturers Chicken Broth they all looked fine to me. But when I called, none of them are gluten-free. What is in them that is making them glutened? Just curious.

Kathy

I checked the ingredients and OXO chicken cubes are not gluten free

kareng Grand Master

I don't know if these are in Canada but: Progresso is making broths and soups that are labelled gluten-free. Kitchen Basics (in a box) puts gluten-free on the box.

doodle Rookie

Hey to everyone. I haven't had time to come to the forum for quite a while but just happened to see this question.

We sell and use 2 great gluten-free broths at our store but they should be widely available in most locations.

Pacific Foods offers regular and low sodium organic broths and the Imagine low sodium veg broth is also commonly available. At least in Ontario.

I like to use "clean" broths instead of the standard high salt cubes but everyone has their own preference.

Do not be concerned that the labels do not read gluten-free. I have checked with both companies and my suppliers just to be sure and safe. They have assured me that they are both gluten-free. We have used them for quite a while and we have not had any reports to the contrary. B/C both companies are out of the states there are some weird labeling laws here in Canada that prevent some products from being labeled gluten-free and these may be one of those situations.

hope this helps

doodle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Tina B Apprentice

I really want to make cream of broccoli soup but need to find a gluten-free chicken broth or the bouillon cubes. Are there any common brands out there that are actually gluten-free?? I've called Campbell's and their broths are not gluten-free. If not what are some brands of broths or cubes sold as gluten-free that I could find in the health food store maybe.

Thanks,

Kathy

I use Pacific Organic chicken and beef broth. It is labeled gluten free and is available in our regular grocery stores in New England. Swanson is also OK. The ones that aren't state "added wheat gluten" on the label.

NorthernElf Enthusiast

I think it's Pacific I buy @ Costco in a case of 6 - it is labelled gluten-free on the box. I always get it mixed up with Imagine @ other stores because the labels are pretty similar - good to know that both are safe (I am in BC).

• 1 month later...
aliveat25 Newbie

Pacific Foods does have a 6-pack of the Chicken Broth at Costco. Some Sobeys stores have the Chicken Broth and Vegetable Broth. I've even see a gluten-free Chicken Broth at Dollarama (can't remember the name though).

Archived