Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Manila, Phillipines- Do They Do Gluten Free?

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 brendasnz

brendasnz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

I am travelling to Manila in the next week for business and will be there for approx 6 weeks - and as I am Coeliac (and vegetarian) I am concerned about finding food that is Gluten Free. I will be staying in apartments, not hotels.
Can anyone please advise where I can buy gluten-free food or what restuarantes are vegetarian/Gluten Free friendly?

thanks very much

Brenda

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Bengalkat

Bengalkat

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

I am travelling to Manila in the next week for business and will be there for approx 6 weeks - and as I am Coeliac (and vegetarian) I am concerned about finding food that is Gluten Free. I will be staying in apartments, not hotels.
Can anyone please advise where I can buy gluten-free food or what restuarantes are vegetarian/Gluten Free friendly?

thanks very much

Brenda

Hi Brenda,
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I live in the Philippines but since Celiac disease is not very well known here, eating gluten free is tough. Stick to rice of course, vegetables. Restaurants in the Philippines are usually not aware of gluten issues. The only thing I try is the french fries in fast food places which are not usually a problem, unless they have some kind of coating. One can never be sure with those however if the oil has also been used to fry chicken. Most soy sauce here has gluten so avoid that. I've yet to find gluten free soy sauce here.

B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: