6 replies to this topic

#1 BethM55

BethM55

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Campbell's cream of mushroom or whatever soups have been a staple for casseroles in my kitchen. Not any more, as they contain wheat. Heck. So, any suggestions for something similar that is gluten free? :blink:

Thanks!
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten free since 12/09.
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. Fibro symptoms have improved but not gone away with gluten free living.
Osteoarthritis, mostly in hands and neck and lumbar spine. Not sure if going gluten-free has helped that problem, but it certainly can't hurt. (Am very grateful that so far no sign of the RA that is devastating my mother lately.)
Considering a dairy free trial. Considering.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:26 AM

The Progresso Creamy Mushroom soup is gluten free. It says so right on the back of the can. It is thinner than the campbells, so you don't dilute it in your recipes, but once you get used to it, it works good. Progresso has a few gluten free soups. CHeck out there website. If it is gluten free, it will always say so on the back of the can. They don't have a creamy chikcen though.

I make my own cream of chicken soup. I use the HerbOx bullion cubes which are gluten free and water, than thicken it with cornstarch and add milk. Sometimes I grind up cooked chicken to add to it too. It works good.

#3 Wenmin

Wenmin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

The only thing I've been able to find is Health Valley Organic Cream of Mushroom. I find this at Whole Foods. I have not had any luck finding others that I see posted in this forum. There is one that I am searching for right now. It is Progresso Vegetable Classics French Onion. I used to make a quick jambalaya with the beef broth and Campbell's French Onion Soup. Well, I guess I'll just keep searching....

Wenmin

#4 sunnybabi1986

sunnybabi1986

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Here is the site that lists Progresso's gluten free soups:

http://www.liveglute...ts/default.aspx
Gluten Free since October 2009

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" - Milton Berle

"Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it."--Lou Holtz

#5 BethM55

BethM55

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Thank you! I'll look for the Progresso soups. Someday I'll make a batch of cream of 'shroom soup and freeze some. Someday...

BTW, the link that was posted went to the General Mills site. I also found a recipe for Peppermint Patty Brownies that I need to make. Just need an occasion!
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. Fibro symptoms have improved but not gone away with gluten free living.
Osteoarthritis, mostly in hands and neck and lumbar spine. Not sure if going gluten-free has helped that problem, but it certainly can't hurt. (Am very grateful that so far no sign of the RA that is devastating my mother lately.)

#6 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

Thank you! I'll look for the Progresso soups. Someday I'll make a batch of cream of 'shroom soup and freeze some. Someday...

BTW, the link that was posted went to the General Mills site. I also found a recipe for Peppermint Patty Brownies that I need to make. Just need an occasion!

I hereby pronounce tomorrow as official gluten-free Peppermint Patty Brownie day. -_- I'll join you in celebrating. Who else is in?

#7 BethM55

BethM55

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Excellent idea, Skylark! Although I have a very long work day tomorrow, so I'll have to wait til later in the week to bake. Anticipation is a fine sauce!

I hereby pronounce tomorrow as official gluten-free Peppermint Patty Brownie day. -_- I'll join you in celebrating. Who else is in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: